Monday, August 25, 2014

Don't Picture This // A Weekend Recap Not in Photos

Happy Monday! I'm going to fess up this morning. Yes, I realize it isn't Wednesday and it's not time for a confess sesh, but.. I was a terrible blogger and took 1 photo this weekend. And it doesn't even have to do with my weekend activities, unless you count napping on the couch with my cat as an activity, and I totally do.
 
{Family Nap Sesh on the Couch}
 
 
But I did do other things this weekend..
 
+Not pictured: Mine and Ethan's Friday night mall and sushi tradition.
 
+Not pictured: Taylor waking me up at 10:49 when she called me Saturday morning to see what we were up to. Sleeping, that's what. Hey, Ethan said he wanted to sleep in till noon. Who am I to hold him back from his goals? Supportive {and sleepy} wife right here!
 
+Not pictured: A gorgeous, yet super duper hot day at the pool. High of 98 with 110 heat index? Sign me up with a big 'ole bottle of water and sunscreen.
 
+ Pictured: Family nap sesh.. see above. We were obviously sun zapped.
 
+Not pictured: Dinner with Grandma and Grandpa at Ivey's, our favorite little restaurant in Robertsdale, Alabama, for Ethan's birthday.
 
+Not pictured: The freaking delicious honey-glazed salmon I had for dinner at Ivey's. Dieting doesn't have to be gross.
 
+Not pictured: The insane workout routine I've decided to do {with some help from my bff.} I'm on Week 1, Day 4 and holy heck I'm in pain. A good pain {except for my bruised tailbone from sit-ups..} Come on #cruisebody.
 
+Not pictured: Me and Grandma tearing up some online shopping at Bows & Arrows, an online boutique that caters to FSU game day wear! Can't wait to rock my tribal print FSU shorts! Game on in T-Minus 5 days?! Yay for college football!
 
+Not pictured: Sunday morning church service with the fam.
 
+Not pictured: Lunch at Chili's after church with the fam. Have you ever tried to find something diet on their menu?! It's nearly impossible.. I got their Mango-Chili chicken. Gross. Don't waste your time. Also, don't get caught up in their "salads." Did you know their Quesadilla Explosion Salad has nearly 1,400 calories?!
 
+Not pictured: The giant coffee cup of ice cream I devoured while Ethan took a Sunday afternoon snooze. {Yes, I'm a weirdo and eat my ice cream out of coffee mugs with milk poured on top. It's delicious, you should try it.} 
 
+Not pictured: Me buying more Spicy Thai Chili Tuna from Pubix. Yes, I'm still addicted to that stuff.
 
+Not pictured: Ethan somehow dumping half his cup of chocolate milk on me while he was walking with his dinner to the coffee table. "Grace" is not his middle name.
 
+Not pictured: Me live tweeting the VMAs while folding Mt. Foldmore. And by live tweeting, I mean I tweeted twice. Hey, that's pretty good for me! I'm just now getting the hang of the twitter machine.
  
So there you have it. My weekend in a nutshell of no pictures. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and you're ready to kick this next week in the butt! Linking up with my Monday buddies: Bella and Lisa for Weekend Recap, Weekending with Biana, Molly and Carly for Let It Shine, Carylee and On the Daily Express for Manic Monday, Rachael and Lisa for their Weekend Wrap Up, Anni for her Weekend Recap, Join the Gossip, and Meg for Monday Mingle!
 
Image Map

13 comments:

  1. We have a Friday night sushi tradition too - it's the best lol! yay for college football starting soon, but Go Gators :) Hope you have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes life is more important than pictures! Good for you for just enjoying life. I wish my husband liked sushi, it's a girlfriend tradition now, haha.

    ice cream out of mug sounds delicious!

    Folding....gah, it's the worst for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honey glazed salmon sounds so good! It was hard for me to get into the habit of taking photos of my weekend at first, but now I'm a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so ready for a cool down. Like the fact that it's not even noon yet & the heat index is already 97 makes me want to hide inside until it's dark...unfortunately at some point after work I need to mow my lawn... thank neighbor for doing yours yesterday making mine look extra tall ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great weekend...we'll forgive the piclessness lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally going to do that workout starting on Wednesday! It won't be an everyday thing due to work but I'll crank out what I can when I can. Go you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE sleeping in on the weekends! Definitely my favorite thing to do! We used to have an Ivey's here in Huntsville, AL. Not sure if it was related to the Ivey's you went to?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eating out is a joke these days! I love that Quesadilla Explosion salad but I knew it had a ridiculous amount of calories. I ate out this weekend and totally regret it! Need that #BellaCruiseBody on lock this week because I almost cried when I saw the number on the scale this morning.

    I didn't take that many pics this weekend so don't feel bad!! Looks like you had a great weekend though. Thanks for linkin' up :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i hate when i forget to take pics over the weekend! bummer about the chilis lunch! i really love their salsa! xo jillian - stop by I'm hosting a great giveaway on cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to come hand out with you! Not only are you fun and always up to something, but you could help me get into shape too!

    Thanks for linking up for MMG :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hmmm. milk on ice cream- double lactose issues but maybe worth it?
    Marie @ In Our Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like a really great weekend! I love family nap time.

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. haha! i laughed at your "not pictured" captions. cat naps (literally) are definitely a part of the weekend. yours is so cute!

    ReplyDelete