Friday, August 22, 2014

Hello, Beautiful aka.. It's Friday!

How is it Friday already? I swear it was just Monday morning at 7:30 a.m. and I'm dragging my butt in to my "long" week at work. Now it's Friday and I'm even getting off at 3. Have I told you how much I love my new job?!

It's been a good week. Hashtag cruise body is in full swing. I officially re-officially started back on the diet and exercise grind.. Last Sunday was exactly 9 weeks until we set sail. It's been nothing but protein shakes, grilled chicken, veggies and tuna for this girl since Monday. And I'm happily down 2 pounds. Granted it's the same 2 pounds I gain and lose all the stinkin' time, but 2 pounds nonetheless.

Here's some other things that have been happening:

{1} I entered the cars.com #newcarface contest. Basically, upload of picture of you and your new car {which we all know I just got.. finally} to Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter, hashtag #newcarface and tag @carsdotcom, and BAM you're entered to win up to $25,000 to go towards your car loan. That would be freakin' sweet. So to make things a little more exciting, Cars.com contacted me to get the backstory on my #newcarface so they could maybe feature me in an ad about the contest. I wrote back my little blurb and we'll see if they decide to use me! How cool would that be?! 15 minutes of fame please. Actually, just let me win the $25k, that'd be better!


{2} Tuesday night me and Ethan were cooling off after our run on the balcony and we saw a dolphin swimming around in the bay! As soon as I saw it I jumped up like the excited 5-year old I am and watched that thing swim around for a good 30 minutes. And of course took about 800 pictures in the process. I told Ethan we can officially move now. Haha.

{Do you see him?!}

{And a gorgeous sunset picture, just cause..}
 
 
{3} Like I said, I started working out again. My friend Taylor has been doing an at-home crossfit program for the past month and has loved it, so I started Week 1, Day 1 last night. If you're interested in the program, check it out here.
 
{4} Look at this little cuddle bug. Someone thinks he lives the high life.
 
{Jerry my Berry}
 
{5} This recipe from SkinnyTaste popped up on my Facebook this week. Skinny Eggplant Rollatini, yes please. Special thanks to everyone that helped me Monday when I asked for good diet recipes! I so appreciate it! :) 

Well, I'm off. Hope everyone had a great week! Do you have anything fun planned for the weekend? I'm hoping to hit up a speed boat race!

 
Linking up with Ash at The Grits Blog, Lauren for High 5 for Friday, Paula for her seriously awesome blog party, Rebecca for That Friday Blog Hop, Amanda's Friday Favorites, Jennie for her Friday favorites, and Oh Hey It's Friday with Karli.
Image Map

5 comments:

  1. Your backyard view is heavenly!! Hope you have a great weekend and congrats on the diet progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see him! That is so cool! The pictures are beautiful, looks like so much fun!
    I would love if you would stop by and linkup with me today!
    -Jennie
    http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! So cool that you saw a dolphin! I would've reacted the same way. They're one of my favorite animals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awhile ago I stumbled across this website http://mommacrossfitter.blogspot.com/ where she has a 30 day at home crossfit workout planned out. I followed it on the days I made it to the gym and it was a great workout. I'm hoping to try it again, and I'm going to look into the site you listed above! Yay for those 2 lbs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from the link up. Good for you for dumped those 2 pounds! And I love the dolphin pic. Good luck with your diet this week.
    Penny @ http://pennyspassion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete