Friday, August 8, 2014

Oh Hey Friday // Face Lifts, Soup, and an Ode Goodbye

Just over here doing a happy dance, ya know.. because it's finally Friday! Last Sunday night me and Ethan were looking at our upcoming week and we had nothing planned. We were both pretty excited about the prospect of "nothing" since lately all we've done is go-go-go! Spoiler alert: this week was so crazy busy I didn't even squeeze one workout in because I was home after 9 every day! Mostly because I had to meet people to sell my car and we stupidly decided that leaving the car at my parent's house 35 minutes away was smarter than making people drive to us at the beach. Dumb.. dumb.. dumb.. oh well, it's sold now and let's just say I do not have a future as a used car salesperson.  I'll keep my day job.

Now, on to the good stuff!  All the things that made me smile this week:

{1} So most obvious for my Friday 5 is my bloggy face lift! What do ya'll think?! I'm in love. I'm in awe. And I just can't say enough good things about Ash, my designer extraordinaire! You can check out her Blog Design website here. And might I add that she's very reasonably priced for the services that you get!

The Macarthurs Lately


{2} I made this easy chicken noodle soup recipe for dinner Tuesday night and it was delicious. I mixed it up a bit by cooking my chicken in the crock pot the night before with some chicken broth, water, and a can of cream of mushroom soup. Then when it was time, poured that entire mixture into the soup pot along with the other ingredients. Holy mother of soup. Don't mean to toot my own horn, but toot toot!

{via}

{3} I also made this delicious rosemary pork tenderloin with red potatoes for dinner Thursday night. I know, I know.. two home cooked meals in one week from the Macarthurs. It's a Christmas miracle. I'm just all about my crock pot dinner these days.

{via}

{4} Like I mentioned in my opening dialog, I sold my car! And we got asking price for it, which is pretty awesome! I did pretty good not crying about it. I didn't cry when we cleaned it out, didn't cry when we scraped the pink "K" off the back, didn't even cry when we told the people "SOLD!" but last night when I was driving it to the spot where she'll be picked up today, I got a little misty-eyed telling her "goodbye." I mean, I grew up with her. She's been in my life longer than Ethan has {and that's already a super long time.} She was with me for my 16th birthday, high school, driving home super late from basketball games, road trips to see Taylor Swift, college, my honeymoon.. she's been there for a lot and she never once let me down. Well, except for that one time I was already running late for Christmas dinner at Ethan's parent's house and she wouldn't start. Just a dead battery, but man I was mad. So, goodbye girl, thanks for the memories and for being such an awesome 1st car. We had a great ride. Pun very much intended.

{5} And last but not least, I got to participate in my 1st giveaway. The contest is still open for a couple more days, so make sure you go check it out and enter to win a $75 Target gift card.


Enter the giveaway here: a Rafflecopter giveaway

So, in the words of Bugs Bunny.. That's all folks!  I'll see you Monday with all the deets on my weekend!Linking up with Ash at The Grits Blog, Lauren for High 5 for Friday, Paula for her seriously awesome blog party, Rebecca for That Friday Blog Hop, Amanda's Friday Favorites, Jennie for her Friday favorites, and Oh Hey It's Friday with Karli.

7 comments:

  1. I love your new blog look! It looks beautiful! I can totally relate about car sentimentality! I had an Altima for years and even though I upgraded to a newer, fancier car I still miss it. Periodically I see the same model and color on the road and I wonder if it's my old one, lol! Have a fabulous weekend of relaxation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The meals you mad look delicious! have a great weekend!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out girl!!! I am so glad you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new design! It looks perfect for your blog! The rosemary pork also looks divine!! I might just whip out my crockpot this weekend and try out the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ummm...i'm IN LOVE with the blog look! love. and my farmer would LOVE me if i made that pork tenderloin. i'll have to get on that. :) thank you so much for linking up. you're the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blog looks fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blog is lookin' good, lady! And now I can't stop thinking about homemade chicken noodle soup! I just love soup, and chicken noodle is the best! I didn't sell my car when I got a new one, but I still feel bad like I'm neglecting her. I try and talk to her as much as possible because of all the memories! The first car I ever paid off all on my own! So I'm totally relating to your story!
    Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete