Sunday, August 3, 2014

That Time We Almost Sunk the Wave Runner // Weekending

Oh, Sunday night.. why is it that you get here in a rush, when Friday night takes all week to get here? We had a good little weekend so why not have a little recap. I had Friday off, so when Ethan got off work around 1 we roadtripped to Destin to do a little outlet shopping and, of course, eat some Chipotle! I also had my 1st Blue Dot burger. If you're local, this is a big deal. It's a little hole-in-the-wall burger joint that serves the best burger. No frills, but super yummy! I will be having another soon!

 
{Ya'll.. Forever 21 is trying to bring scrunchies back. I'm not sure how I feel about this.}
 
Friday night my mom and sister stayed with us and we all met up with some of our neighbors that moved away 16 years ago for a little reminiscing! It was so good to visit with Lorie and her family. Saturday morning me and mom had coffee on the balcony while catching up on all things gossip. My crazy husband decided that a 6:45 tee time for golf was how he wanted to spend his Saturday morning, so it was just me and mom. Hannah didn't get her teenaged-butt out of bed until nearly 1. I don't blame her. Summer's almost over and I'd soak up all the sleeping in I could get too!
 
{The girls checking out their hermit crabs}



Ethan's co-worker had family in town and asked if they could play on our wave runner. Me and Ethan packed up our chairs, towels and cooler on the wave runner and met Matt and his family over at Church Beach. The families had a lot of fun, especially the kids. They kept taking turns taking each of the little ones. It was all fun and games until the wave runner started taking on water and nearly sank out in the middle of the water. Thankfully a nice boat towed Chris, Lisa, and their little boy to shore and no one was hurt, just a little shaken up. We dragged the two ton beast onto shore and the entire engine compartment was filled with water.. where it was not supposed to have water. The guys got it drained and put it back in the water to see if it'd start sinking again.. spoiler alert.. yup. Long story short, all 6 adults ended up hauling, shoving, grunting, pushing, pulling that machine up the hill to get it on the trailer. It. was. miserable. If you're in to Crossfit, I'd totally suggest wave runner pulling as your WOD. My back, butt, arms, and chest are super sore today.
 
{Wave runners are supposed to be that far up on shore..}
 
Saturday night Taylor texted me to see if I wanted to go to Flounders with her and Faith to see Fly By Radio perform. They're one of my favorite cover bands and I always have such a good time when we go see them. It was a fun girl's night out, complete with an old guy in stunna' shades and the perfect "white boy" dance competition. We were in tears laughing at this guy bustin' some serious white boy dance moves!
 
{Photo via Taylor}
 
Sunday morning me and Ethan got up early to get my old car to my parents house and run by the grocery store before church. Our church had planned pot luck lunch and of course we procrastinated on getting something to bring, so Publix sweet tea and bakery cookies for the win! Lunch was super yummy and I'm pretty sure we're going to make it a 1st Sunday of the month tradition. After church we busted our butts cleaning my old car to prepare to sell it. I'm pretty sure we picked the hottest day of the year to spend all afternoon outside cleaning. Ugh.. but my girl did clean up nice! And bonus my new girl got a fresh wash too! Ethan said you better take a picture of your cars 1st bath, just like you'll take a picture of your baby's 1st bath! Haha!
 
{My original Girl. For sale if anyone is interested!}

{My new girl all fresh and so clean clean!}


 
Well it's getting late and I did not get my typical Sunday afternoon marathon nap, so I don't want to start my week already exhausted! Me and Ethan are looking forward to a really chill week. We've got nothing planned and are pretty excited about that! He's a couple episodes behind me on OITNB, so I'm sure we'll get caught up! I've made it to Season 2 and I think I'll keep watching! Although.. I'm getting a little annoyed at how stupid Piper is. Seriously?! Some of her most recent decision are just dumb!
 
Anyways, linking up with my Monday buddies: Bella and Lisa for Weekend Recap, Weekending with Biana, Molly and Carly for Let It Shine, Carylee and On the Daily Express for Manic Monday, Rachael and Lisa for their Weekend Wrap Up, Anni for her Weekend Recap, Join the Gossip, and Meg for Monday Mingle!

Anyone have any good tips for selling a used car?! I'd love to hear them!

24 comments:

  1. Looks like a good weekend! And NO on the scrunchies!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe it! I am not ready to bring those back!

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great weekend and we have the same car! I have had my Mazda for about a year and I love it! Good luck with it!
    Marianne
    www.goodgirlgoneglam.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had her about 2 weeks now and I'm still so in love! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. No just no to scrunchies - why do they want to bring that back!?! Congrats on the new car - that's such a wonderful way to end the weekend!! I grew up in Florida and never once went to Destin...why?! The beaches look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Destin, but it's a little too commercial for me! The shopping is way better than home though! And they have a Chipotle!

      Delete
  4. Making a note on the burger place. We took our first trip to Destin in June and fell in love. It won't be our last! That is really scary about the wave runner. Glad it wasn't too serious and no one got hurt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blue Dot is in Pensacola and I'd totally recommend eating there! But make sure you're there when he opens around 11. When he sells out (like he does everyday around 2) they're done and closed for the day! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Awww, bummer about the wave runner's engine being full of water. At least you got your workout in! .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nearly 3 days later and my back is still super sore! I think I'd rather run 5 miles!

      Delete
  6. Nice upgrade with the wheels!! Sounds like a great weekend! I'd have so much fun if we owned a wave runner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We had a really good time! Wave runners are a blast! As long as they're working!

      Delete
  7. I have a nine year old daughter and she is ALL about the scrunchies right now. They are full on back. I love your new ride! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My 13 year old sister is way in to the huge bows. I don't think she's caught on to the scrunchies trend! I remember rocking the scrunchies back in my middle school days!

      Delete
  8. Haha I noticed scrunchies were making a comeback...pretty sure I still have some stashed somewhere from the 90s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vintage scrunchies! We'll be the cool trendy kids! ;)

      Delete
  9. Back away from the scrunchies!!! You need a Flexi instead! :) I hope that your wave runner isn't to expensive to fix. Sounds like an overall good weekend though. Most great weekends need to be followed up by a restful week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok what in the world is a Flexi?! I am not ready to jump back on the scrunchie train just yet.. and probably won't haha! And you are so right about the good weekend needing a restful week! Monday night and I'm already exhausted!

      Delete
  10. Aside from the wave runner fiasco, it sounds like a pretty epic weekend! I haven't been to the river in over a year an I'm missing it!

    Thanks for linking up for MMG :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you are in need a river trip pronto! You should plan one after the epic 1D concert trip! :) Thanks for hosting your linkup! I know I'll be back!

      Delete
  11. Thanks for linking up!

    ...and I am in need of a river trip as well!

    Have a lovely evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really need to give my car a good cleaning too! Looks like a great weekend, I love Destin!! Bringing scrunchies back?! Lol I'm not sure about that either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd totally suggest you wait until winter! Haha! And I'm not sure I could jump on the scrunchies train.. some things are better left in the past!

      Delete