Monday, August 11, 2014

Weekending // Ethan Hates My Pants

Please tell me I'm not the only one who gets the Sunday night blues. Although tonight especially I'm probably not the only one because many of my teacher friends go back to school tomorrow. Summer's over. Womp womp. But only in the "school year" sense because it's still hot as heck here in the Panhandle.

Special thanks to all the love I got on the new blog! And, for those of you who don't already know, I sold my old car!! Yay!! And I got full asking price on it! It was sad to see her go, but man it feels good to be able to pay off our cruise and stick some money in savings! AND make our car insurance go down!
Friday night we met up with Taylor at the mall. I know what you're thinking, "the Macarthurs.. at the mall on a Friday night?!" Yes, try not to die of shock. We had a good time - got my mall sushi and even a new outfit that Ethan absolutely hates. True story. He told me if there was a word stronger than hate, that's how he feels about my new pants. {See picture below of said pants. They aren't that bad and I absolutely love them.} We finished up the night with some yummy Marble Slab.
{I got birthday cake ice cream with twix and cookie dough. Super yum!}
Saturday morning me and E went on a Chick-fil-A run for breakfast and cozzied on the couch watching "How It's Made" and another episode of OITNB. I have no idea what I'm going to watch when I'm done with Season 2?! We left our house around 1:30 for me to ride with my Mom to Brittney's baby shower and for Ethan to head to the river early with my Dad.
{Baby McDonald due September 22!}

{These are the terrible pants in question.. so naturally me and Seana needed a picture together in our pajama pants! haha!}

 
 I was told at the shower that my 1st baby would be a boy since I drank so much of the blue baby shower punch. Not going to lie, having a boy first sounds good. I'm so paranoid my boy name is going to become popular that I'm totally ok with the idea! After the shower, me and mom headed to the river to meet up with everyone else. We normally hit up the river a few times every summer to play on the float and water ski. Sadly a nasty storm popped up as soon as we got there, so there was no time to play on the float before me and Ethan had to leave. I did, however, get to give my sweet baby cousin her 1st pedicure.. at the Milton river, doesn't get much classier.
{Me & Emma}

{Please please please let my baby have this much hair!}

{The look of concentration}

These next pictures were shot in progression.. and they crack me up every. single. time.



  


{end result. pretty pink piggies}

No worries, no babies or piggies were hurt in the process, regardless of what Emma's eyes were telling you. We left the river early to meet up with Ethan's friends Aaron and Suz to see Guardians of the Galaxy. As a non-movie fanatic, I have to say I actually enjoyed the movie. I can't stand action movies that are so serious and this one had a lot of random humor in it. I'd totally recommend it and it's pretty clean, so the kiddos can go too.

Sunday morning we got up and went to church. I really enjoyed the pastor that was there, but sadly he has a church and life back where he's from, so I know there's no chance we could hire him as full-time pastor. I'm getting really discouraged with all the church talk. It's really hard to attend church when you don't know who's going to be preaching and you feel like you're getting nothing out of the service. I guess, just say a prayer for me. It's getting hard.

After service me and Ethan went to Olive Garden for lunch. Just the two of us and it was fantastic. I'd been craving eggplant Parmesan, so I knew Italian food had to happen. I love spending time with him and I try to soak up as many moments as I can. After lunch we went to Taylor's house to workout. Naturally. Gorge yourself with bread sticks, work out. Makes things even. Of course Taylor's crossfit workout was insane and hard and I'm totally already feeling it, but of course again I'm glad I did it! #cruisebody  The rest of the afternoon we hung out at her house watching golf and reading funny E-cards. And just as we were headed out the door for dinner, Taylor got called in to work. Bummer. Ethan and I ended up going home and eating cereal for dinner. So basically, someone still owes me a chips and salsa dinner! ;)

Anyways, linking up with my Monday buddies: Bella and Lisa for Weekend Recap, Weekending with Biana, Molly and Carly for Let It Shine, Carylee and On the Daily Express for Manic Monday, Rachael and Lisa for their Weekend Wrap Up, Anni for her Weekend Recap, Join the Gossip, and Meg for Monday Mingle! Hope everyone had a great weekend!
 
Image Map

10 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend!! I personally think your pants are cute and comfy - double win if you ask me!! I love the progression shot of the baby - so freaking adorable!! Hope you have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're definitely making me want to hit up Marble Slab when I get off work today... yum! And I think the pants are cute! I still haven't tried rocking the "pajama pants" but they look good on you! And the pink piggies... so adorable!! Happy Monday!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I go to a a church where the main sermon is given by members of the congregation every week. While we still have a main leader who we hear from regularly, it can be nice to hear the testimonies of others. Try to look at your pastor situation that way and maybe you'll have a bit more patience? Or maybe not and you just really need a pastor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your pants look cute and comfy, but I don't know if I could pull of pants like that. Congrats on selling your old car and that's great that you got exactly what you asked for!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a really great weekend. Great pictures! Little Emma is so sweet. Love her toes!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loveee Marble Slab!!! I get the mint choc chip with strawberries, hot fudge, marshmallows and chocolate sprinkles....yummmm.....And those pants are fabulous--Ethan just doesn't know style!! My hubs gave up trying when it comes to my ugly outfits. Now his response is "If you like it than I like it."

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmm now I am CRAVING ice cream! YUMYUMYUMMM
    Thanks for linking up :)
    Showered With Design

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog looks a m a z i n g! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those pants but don't think I can pull them off. They look great on you! And how precious are those little pink toes! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha! I love the pants and these weekend snapshots! Looks like so much fun and by the way you are beautiful1!

    ReplyDelete