Monday, August 18, 2014

Weekending // Last Days of Summer

Happy Monday, friends. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Mine was great, except for when I found a nasty dent in my new car. Tears may have been shed. I haven't even made a payment and she's broken. I'm wishing an ingrown toenail on the person who did it. Whoa, talk about some nasty thoughts and feelings toward that person.. Regardless, it was still a good weekend and here's why:
 

{Friday}

It was my normally scheduled Friday off and I couldn't have been happier about it. Like I mentioned Friday, this past week at work had been a doozy and a day off was much, much needed. I woke up without an alarm, drank my fancy coffee on the patio, and headed off to some errands. The most important one being getting all my tickets and info for the One Direction concert in Tampa me and my little sister Hannah are going to in October! I bought these tickets last November, so to think the concert is a mere 6 weeks away is cray!
 
{Fancy coffee on the patio}
 
 
 
{Chick-fil-A Ice Dream cone because it's Friday}

{mini photo shoot with Jinxy. At first, he wasn't feeling it.}

{But kisses make everything better!}

 
Friday night me and Ethan got dinner at my favorite BBQ restaurant downtown, The Happy Pig. I got a pulled pork quesadilla and he got the pulled chicken sandwich. So yummy.  Afterwards we went to Gallery Night, our town's version of a block party/art show. I had a lot of fun walking around looking at the various booths and people watching, but it's just not Ethan's thing. Next month I'll definitely be going back, but this time it'll be girl's night! So ladies, get ready!
 
 

{Saturday}

 
 
I'm kind of afraid this past Saturday was my last "typical" summer Saturday. It was absolutely gorgeous outside and me and Ethan spent a lot of time by the pool. The summer crowds are starting to dwindle, which is so nice because we were able to actually leave the island to grab some lunch. Have you ever had a Publix sub?! Oh my gosh. So yummy. The afternoon was spent napping followed by a trip to Sam's Club to buy  chicken breast, sweet potatoes, and broccoli. You guessed it.. the Macarthurs are officially on a #cruisebody diet. We've got 9 weeks and quite a few pounds to lose! I'll be updating on Wednesdays until the cruise! My goal is to lose 15 pounds! Wish me luck!
 
{I love this guy so much. He even complimented my top knot, which every girl knows is a sign of true love.}
 
 
Saturday night we stayed with my parents. Mostly because Ethan wanted to pick up his new golf clubs he got offEbay, but it is easier for church. I ended up playing Guitar Hero with Hannah till midnight. I used to be so good. Not so much anymore. Ha!
 

{Sunday}

We went to church, per the usual. I enjoyed the preacher that came. He actually had a positive message. One part that stuck out to me was when he said that he enjoys the life God gave him here on earth. Most pastors are so caught up on God coming back, that they forget that we were put here on earth to spread the Gospel and that's it's okay to enjoy what God has given you. It was refreshing to me to have a positive preacher come in and not talk about all the negative things that are going on in the world.
 
After church the whole family went to lunch at Cracker Barrel. As a final goodbye to yummy food, I got the pancake breakfast. So yummy. After lunch I spent the entire afternoon napping. Full tummy = perfect Sunday afternoon nap.
 
Sunday evening I hung out with Taylor, helping her be a 2nd set of eyes on some decorations she's bought for her house and just chatting the evening away. We're both so excited about our cruise coming up and the fact that her husband will be back from deployment in only a few weeks!
 
Sunday night me and Ethan got our first taste of diet prepping.. he grilled two chicken breasts, steamed some broccoli and sweet potatoes and packed our lunches for the next day while I got to marinating 8 chicken breasts for the week to come. Dieting is not going to be fun, but I know I have to do it! :(
 

Anyone have any good diet recipes so me and Ethan don't get burnt out on chicken and broccoli?! I hate broccoli..


Anyways, linking up with my Monday buddies: Bella and Lisa for Weekend Recap, Weekending with Biana, Molly and Carly for Let It Shine, Carylee and On the Daily Express for Manic Monday, Rachael and Lisa for their Weekend Wrap Up, Anni for her Weekend Recap, Join the Gossip, and Meg for Monday Mingle! Hope everyone had a great weekend!
 
 
Image Map

14 comments:

  1. I can't believe how far in advance you bought those tickets - but I'm sure your sister is so excited (and you as well haha)!! I miss Florida and Publix so much - nothing quite like a publix sub!! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your cruise diet. I would love to lose 15 lbs too, what are your meals going to look like? I hope you don't mind I stick around while :)

    Stopping by from Mingle Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend. Pool time, is awesome time. Good luck with the cruise diet, there is so much food on cruises, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a bummer about the car! Something similar happened to me with my last new car and it was so frustrating! Try lettuce wraps while dieting- that's how I get my craving for a sandwich filled :) Another trick is to use wonton wraps as opposed to tortillas and putting everything into an eggroll and baking it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good weekend minus the car!! I got in an accident last wednesday, a lady hit me so I feel your pain! Best of luck on your diet, where are you cruising to? We've been on 3 , our last was to Bermuda! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, the same thing happened to me when I got my car!! Someone hit their car door into mine, and there's a big dent on my door. There is no way they could have not known that they did that. :( My bf buffed it out and at least got the paint off of it. It looked less noticeable afterwards, so there is some hope.

    Also, I love getting breakfast food from Cracker Barrel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a fun and productive weekend. As for good recipes, I like sauteed spinach- just spinach, a little olive oil, lemon juice and two garlic cloves chopped up. Saute it is a big pan and you are good to go. It's delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know this isn't really helpful but try Pinterest. I'll go look at my board in a bit & come back with some of what I've made/pinned for healthy eating.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot even believe Summer is almost over! Yet, I am so ready for all things Fall haha! Have you tried quinoa? If you don't like things with texture (if that makes sense) you might not like it but I think it's delicious! I love making quinoa bowls... a healthier version of what I would order at Chipotle!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yikes, a dent in the car already. I would have cried too
    Glad your weekend turned out good though. Sounds like you all had a nice one.
    I'm so jealous of your cruise. I want to go on a cruise SO BAD

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel like a blob....seriously. All I can think is I have to get past this feeling and up my pavement pounding sessions so I can enjoy all the goodies of fall. By the way your gorgeous so zip it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Total agree with you on the pastor thing. I like to focus more on serving God in the here and now and enjoying the time I do have in this life. Sorry to hear about your car! I'd be a bit upset. Have a great week!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi from another Pensacola blogger!! We missed gallery night on Friday and I was so bummed! Looks like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hooray for having Fridays off! Looks like you took full advantage!

    Thanks for linking up with MMG :)

    ReplyDelete