Wednesday, September 10, 2014

#Cruisebody // Week 3 Weigh-In

Two things about Week 3: I didn't put my heart and soul into working out and it shows in my progress. Or should I say lack of progress. I also have my lady business to blame for some extra water retention. BUT.. I'm not going to let some numbers on a scale get me down! I've been working hard and pushing myself to do things I normally wouldn't.
 
Come on, pull ups?!
 
+ I've noticed that my legs look more tone. Ethan even complimented me that they look more muscular.
 
+ I can do 10 {girl} pushups without blinking an eye. Two weeks ago I struggled with 3...
 
+ I can do nearly 200 single jump ropes in one standing jumping.
 
+ The dimples on the backs of my thighs are getting smaller ever day. I've got this one on my right butt cheek that used to be bad, but it's almost gone! Sorry, guys.. just keeping it real.
 
+ I moved up to squatting with 25 pounds in each hand rather than 15.
 
+ My running is getting better.
 
+ I've gotten better about drinking more water.
 
So even if you don't see the numbers on the scale move the way you want, you have to take a step back and look at what your body can accomplish now. Not all victories are measured with a scale. Ultimately, my end goal isn't to be a stick figure. Yes, I'd love to weigh 130 pounds, but right now I have to be happy with the extra 25 pounds I do have and push myself and my body to accomplish great things!
 
 
Progress Pics:
 
{Left: 9/9 Right: 8/21}
 
I honestly feel like I look better in my 8/21 picture, but Ethan pointed out to me that I've started to incorporate weights back into my routine, so I'm probably putting on muscle. Also, both these pictures were taken at night. Every good dieter/workerouter knows you take pictures 1st thing in the morning, right after you pee and do fasted cardio ;) Maybe I'll get some of those on Saturday. Haha!

{Left: 9/9 Right: 8/21}
 
Also, wearing different clothes in your pictures makes it incredibly hard to determine if you can see change. I like to think that crease above my right hip looks smaller.
 
Here's to finishing out Week 3 of the Simply Sadie Jane At-Home Crossfit Workouts and moving on to Week 4. I've still got a little more than 5 weeks till my cruise.
 
Come on, Katie.. get your fitness on!
 

What do you do when you feel like you've hit a workout plateau?!

 
 
Image Map

13 comments:

  1. Great post!
    Ann
    http://annstersdomain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome... I love the positive things even if you're not happy with the scale. I wish more people (myself included!) could focus on all the positive things our bodies can do and our overall health / nutrition instead of just that dang number on the scale! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very inspirational! I so don't want pics of my tummy right now,
    Marie @ In Our Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
  4. whoohoo! you go girl!!! way to stay positive. i definitely struggle with that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a difference, taking fotos really helps, I should do that more often!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl congratulations on your progress thus far!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Progress comes in all different ways. Becoming more successful in your workouts is definitely pushing you in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you made a lot of progress!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel ya. Its kinda lacked for me too but I started running C25K on some nights. So we'll see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats with the progress so far! You are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The changes are so small from week to week but congratulations on just sticking to it!! We have such a hard time for working out more than a week at a time lol

    xx 365hangers

    ReplyDelete