Thursday, September 4, 2014

If You Knew Me in High School

Last week when Morgan posted about a linkup down memory lane, I knew I had to join in! I hope you all enjoy my little blast from the past!
 
 
{That'd be my future husband in the white shirt and me in the pink shirt.}
 
I went to a strict private school. Girls had to wear dresses or skirts that came to the knee, modest necklines {notice those undershirts.. ha} Boys had to wear dress pants with a belt and a collared shirt tucked in. We also had to stay "6 inches away" from the opposite sex at all times.

{Senior Trip to Washington DC, May 2007}

{Junior Jamboree, May 2006}
 
Junior Jamboree was a chance for the Juniors to throw a big carnival-style fundraiser for our upcoming mandatory Senior Trip to Washington DC.
 
{To fit in those jeans again.. ::sigh:: Taylor's 17th birthday, October 2006}
 
{I was a jerk in high school. I shredded a bunch of magazines, rolled up 20 dollar bills and threw them all in a huge grill box. It was funny, but it took all of us to find all of Taylor's birthday cash}
 
{Me, Ash, Taylor, and Sam. Crazy Friday nights in doing each others "makeup"}
 
{Another wild Friday night in.. being "Chin"derella and Prince "Chin"ing We laughed so hard at this.}
 
I wasn't the type of kid that went out. My parent's were pretty strict, so I spent most of my Friday nights either spending the night at my best friend's house or vice versa.
 
{My "prom" aka Junior/Senior Banquet}
 
Our "prom" was a formal sit down banquet that included a dinner and show provided by the students in either singers or the drama club. After the banquet, we'd all load up in buses to go to Waterville to ride go-carts and play arcade games all night. We'd normally get home around 7 a.m.
 
{State Track Meet, April 2007}
 
I joined track my 8th grade year because I wanted to get to know the guy I had a crush on. Spoiler alert: that guy became my husband. Yes, I joined track to try to chat it up with Ethan. Too bad it took nearly two years for him to come around. Shy and oblivious were his first and middle name. Turns out I had a knack for jumping. I placed 1st in Regionals my Senior year, which landed me a spot at State. I think I got 11th or 12 place?!  I was 1 of 2 Seniors that qualified for State that year.
 
{Graduation, May 2007}
 
 
{Varsity Cheerleading, 2004-2005 Season}
 
I've loved cheerleading since I was a little girl. I did little league up until high school. I was the only 9th grader to ever make the Varsity squad and did all four years. I was Captain my Junior and Senior year.
 
{YPA (Young Political Americans) Trip to Tallahassee, 10th Grade}
 
I was pretty involved in extracurricular activities. I was a member of the YPA, Pep Club, Prayer Warriors, Warriorettes, and Class Secretary.
 
{Cheerleading, 04/05 Season}
 
{Senior Trip to Washington DC, May 2007}
 
My graduating class had 89 people in it. The largest in the school's history.
 
{Cheerleading Squad, 05/06 Season}
 
{10th Grade Valentine's Banquet}
 
{Junior Year Jr/Sr Banquet, 2006}
 
Side note: I don't know how this dress passed "dress check." It was pretty scandalous of a dress. The straps were barely thick enough and I had to suck it in the entire night to ensure it didn't "cup" my butt. It was a Christmas miracle the day that dress was approved.
  
{My 1st Jr/Sr Banquet as a Sophmore. That cutie would be my future husband. We weren't even dating at the time.}
 
{Two years later at Ethan's graduation, 2006}
 
{My Graduation in 2007}
 
I hope you've enjoyed my trip down memory lane! It was fun looking back at all these memories!
 
Believe in the Sparks
Image Map

9 comments:

  1. I love it! Thanks so much for linking up!
    We definitely had similar interest in high school - I was a cheerleader and class secretary too! Although, it sounds like our schools were very different. I went to a large public school.
    I do love the story of how you met your husband! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omgosh! I love that you had so many pictures from high school with your future husband! So sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a cool idea! and how sweet that you have pictures with your future husband way back in the day. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many pictures!! I had to DIG to find any from HS! I shouldn't have been surprised, but even your cheerleading skirts were long!! Totally different from ours... we had fly-away pleats and some of the girls sported bedazzled booty shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for linking up with Morgan and I! I'm so glad you did so that I found your blog and can follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun post! You go with your bad self, miss freshman on varsity!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't cheer, but I was a soccer player and swimmer. My parents were super strict too, so there was not any partying whatsoever. I also was so busy with sports I really couldn't do much anyway.

    Your DC pictures are so cute. Confession, being a DCer, I always cringe when I see the big groups of kids running around the city....CHAOS!!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet that you are high school sweeties! loved reading these!

    http://www.showeredwithdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are very nice clicks of your prom night dear. Thanks for sharing. Can you show the entire list of arcade games that you all friends played that night? And I am amazed to see number of students of you graduating class.

    ReplyDelete