Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Never Forget // 9-11-2001

 
"At this moment, 13 years ago, millions of Americans went to bed quietly, with no thought that the next morning their world would change forever. That night hundreds packed flight bags they would not live to open. Thousands slept with loved ones for the last time. One never knows what a new day has in store. Let us live each day to the fullest, and never miss a chance to let those dearest to us know of our love for them. So tonight, if you have someone in your life that you love, tell them..." - author unknown

Thirteen years ago I was just a 12-year old little girl. I got up that morning, went to school, and went on with my day like nothing had happened.  It wasn't until I got home from school that afternoon that I learned of the day's horrible events.

I remember standing in front of the TV. Just standing there in horror. In shock. In disbelief. I remember crying. I remember listening to the President speak. I remember my parents comforting me. I remember feeling scared.

But then, I remember the huge sense of American pride I felt as I watched the recovery efforts. I remember thinking how brave the firemen, the policemen, the soldiers, the paramedics, everyone who was helping were. I remember seeing pictures of American citizens all over the country waving their flags and supporting the USA. I remember thinking America was the greatest country on earth.

And I still think that. I'm proud to be an American. I proud to say I live in the greatest country.  I am so proud of our men and women who so heroically serve. And I stand with my fellow Americans to say I will never forget that September day thirteen years ago.


God bless the USA, the land that I love.

Image Map

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your story. We'll never forget! LOVE the picture/graphic.

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. that quote truly says it all; I shared it on Facebook.

    Honestly, I remember where I was when the teachers turned on the TV, but there's not much else I remember about it even though I was 10. Thanks for sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. amen lady. amen. love hearing your story. i think everyone remembers the exact moment where they were. god bless america.

    ReplyDelete