Friday, October 31, 2014

Cruisin' 2014 // 1st Day on the Navigator of the Seas

October 19 was finally here and it was finally Boarding Day!! We got up fairly early to make a last minute run for toiletries at Krogers and, of course, a Starbucks run for coffee and breakfast! We were able to start the boarding process at 11 a.m. I was so nervous because me and Ethan were using birth certificates rather than passports. Hindsight, I wish we had passports. I would've saved me a lot of stress, even though nothing "bad" happened. I was really impressed with how smoothly the entire process went and we were on the ship in record time.
 
{On the shuttle from the hotel to the ship!!}
 
{My happy "we made it on the ship without problems" face!}

{Awful quality, but I love it.}
 
After boarding the ship, we explored a little bit trying to acquaint ourselves with our home for the next week! We checked out the spa, the gym, the Windjammer {buffet}, the formal dinning room, and so much more! After seeing the putt-putt golf course and Flo-rider on the sports desk, the guys changed into their swimsuits and played on the Flo-rider until dinner time.
 

{On the pool deck of the Navigator of the Seas}

{I have about 100 photos of Colin photobombing all our pictures. Ha!}

{Chillaxin' on the deck waiting to be able to check out our rooms}
 
 

{Home for a week}


{Balcony selfie}


{Don't worry.. he got better! Haha!}
 
{By the end of the week both the boys were doing tricks}
 
We had the 5:30 assigned dinner time {hindsight we all agreed we would have rather had the later dinner because a lot of the entertainment happened at 6 p.m.} so we all got ready and headed down to the Main Dining Room! Each night had a different themed dinner. Of course I had to get the escargot so Ethan could try it out. I love it, but it was his first time trying it, and he did not like it. Haha!

{Main Dining Room}

{At dinner on the 1st night - Escargot}
 
After dinner we checked out the Promenade, which is in the middle of the ship and it's a main gathering area. I got a super cute floppy hat. Although I didn't get to wear it any on the actual trip since it was so windy, but I plan on getting my monogram on it {like a proper Southern lady} really soon for next beach season! And yes, I'm already counting down the days till Summer 2015! We also played around in the arcade and watched some Sunday Night Football on the big screen by the pool! 
 
{Promenade Shops}
 
{My floppy hat}
 
{Colin trying to comeback from my miserable start against Ethan. I do not have the hand/eye coordination for this game!}
 
After a super long, but super fun and exciting day, we officially started our vacation! Stay tuned for our days at sea and all our stops! :)
 
Oh, and special thanks to my bff {and fellow traveler} Taylor for a lot of these pictures! You can follow along and see more about the cruise from her perspective here!
Image Map

6 comments:

  1. Love it! This looks like such a great ship. I haven't been on a Royal ship with a promenade before, but it looks great from your photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pictures! The first day of cruising is always a fun one, because everything is so new and fresh and fun. Your ship was beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shops right on the boat!? Love the hat! What time did you get to check into your room? It's gorgeous and huge!!! The weather looked gorgeous!! I'm headed out on my first cruise in about 2 weeks!!!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like so much fun and that ship looks absolutely amazing! I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annnd now I want to go crusin! Looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the ship is gorgeous! and i died laughing at the picture of the tumble on the water thing hahaha! can't wait to read more!!

    ReplyDelete