Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Home Sweet Home

So I've been a little MIA this past week or so, but for good reason. Good reason being I was soaking up the sun on the best vacation ever! Don't get me wrong, I wanted to schedule some posts for while I was out. Especially since there's a lot of new faces around here, but alas, I suck at packing and get so stressed out by it, that those fun little "get to know me posts" never came to be.
 
 
I'm not exactly sure how I'll recap the vacation. I mean how do you pack 9 days of fun into a post without it being a monster?! And honestly no one wants to read each day individually. So bear with me as it'll probably be slower than usual.
 
Last last Friday night {wow.. that's depressing to type} I had a full day at work, then home to finish up all things packing! And since we live about 40 minutes away from our friend's house, we decided to stay at my parent's house for the night so we could get to Taylor & Colin's faster and on the road sooner. We loaded up the boys into their kitty carrier and away we went. Of course, not without an accident in the carrier. And remember this isn't the first time this has happened. Whatever. We made it to my parent's, all a little frazzled, but we make it. And we get baths.. again.
 
Once there I took out my entire suitcase and ironed everything I could. Helpful cruising tip: there's no irons aboard. The Downy Wrinkle Release Spray does work wonders. I asked my mom where she kept her garment bag. Spoiler alert: she doesn't have one. "That's ok," I think. Ms. Jamie or Ms. Cathy {my mom's best friends/neighbors} surely have one. Nope and nope. So, what's girl to do when she doesn't have a garment bag mere hours before she's supposed to leave? She calls her Grandma who's out of town to ask if she has a spare {she does!} and then at 10:30 at night drives over to her empty house to find said spare bag.
 
I don't think I went to bed until 1 a.m. that night {morning?}. But everything was packed and I checked our little envelope that carried our birth certificates, marriage license, and boarding passes about 100 times. Another cruising tip: although not required, get a pass port. It'll save you a lot of stress.
 
5 a.m. came real early and real fast. Especially after going to bed barely 4 hours prior. But Saturday was officially Day 1 of our trip so I was up and ready to go! Clothes ironed, bags repacked, little travel envelope within close sight. It was finally road trip to cruise time!
 
Stay tuned for more vacation recapping fun! {I've got mountains of laundry to do and things to unpack.. who am I kidding? I've always got mountains of laundry..}
 
Image Map

11 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Can't wait to hear about your fun adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait read all about your vacay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear more about it! We love cruising! I highly recommend passports. My bro in law wasn't allowed to get on a cruise with us in 2011 because he brought the wrong birth certificate. We live in Illinois and ported out of Florida on a Saturday there was no way we were getting that correct birth certificate so they had to stay behind. Saddest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! So excited to read about your cruise! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! I can't wait to see pictures and read more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! Cannot wait to hear about all the fun you had!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome home! Can't wait to hear about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coming over from the link-up! That sounds like such an adventure! Hope the rest of your vacation was just as fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to read about the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. mmm soaking up the sun on vacay! Can't wait to hear AND see more! Welcome home! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to hear more details about your vacation! I'm sure it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete