Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Mud Run Fun

I've officially completed my 1st 5K! Check that one off the 'ole bucket list!
 
{Our "After"}
 
Granted, we walked ALOT, but it's still a 5K! If the goal was to finish completely muddy we nailed it! Also, in my books free t-shirt = legit.
 
{Our "Before"}
 
We couldn't have asked for a more gorgeous day than this past Saturday was! Our heat time was 9:00 a.m. and I was super nervous, mostly because I'm not a runner and I didn't want to get hurt right before our cruise!
 
{Obstacle #1 for the Day}

{Army Crawl under the ropes in the mud..}


{Gross gross gross, but so fun}
 
We all finished the 5K pretty unhurt.. except for my sweet hubs. There was this one obstacle where you sloth crawled down a line over this huge mud pit. He freakin' zoomed through it like a champ. And in the process got some major rope burn on the back of his calf. It was impressive how fast he did it, but I don't think it was worth the pain he's been in. I'm just hoping and praying it heals better before Saturday!
 
{Mid Race}
 
The obstacles were fun and a lot of them were super challenging! I really like the mud pit one the best! It had about 5 mud hills you had to climb, then you slid down into a mud pit. Luckily none of us lost any shoes!
 
{Ethan, Sarah & Colin helping Taylor up}

{Fun in the Mud}

{I love this picture of the boys, too bad it's blurry!}
 
{On top of a mud hill}



 
Next year we are all totally doing it again! And hopefully with costumes! I'm not-so-secretly hoping for either some sort of super heros or the ninja turtles! Haha!
 
{About to slide down the huge slide to the finish line!}

{Done! And "cleaned" off by the human car wash}
 
{At the Finish Line}
 
The Mud Run was so much fun and I'm so happy we signed up! It was a great day filled with lots of laughs (see above picture for dat lean..) and time with great friends! Not to mention another win by Florida State to top off the day! ;) You know I had too!
 
 
Most of the photos are from my friend Katie, but a couple of them are from Stephen Moody on the Pensacola Mud Run Facebook page! 
 
Image Map

3 comments:

  1. My very 1st 5k was the Warrior Dash. I really want to do something like it again. So fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like so much fun! Congratulations on completing it!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete