Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The Day I Learned I'm Not a Teenager Anymore

I like to believe I'm still young. Still spry, still able to hang. But after this weekend, I'd also like to believe I'm clinically insane for ever believing I still had the energy of a 13-year old.
 
See, when you take your baby sister on vacation. She wants to ride every ride 3 times in a row. She wants to run to the next ride. She wants to eat fried food and then ride on said roller coasters again 3 times in a row.
 
My 25-year old body is tired. It makes me tired just thinking how tired this weekend made me.
 
But would I do it all again? Heck yes, in half a heart beat.
 
We got back to our hotel room about 2 a.m. after the our One Direction concert. Let me tell you, post concert traffic in a big city is no joke. So since we were such party animals, we all slept in till 10 and made it to Busch Gardens for Round 2 around 11:30, which worked because apparently it stormed really bad from 9 a.m. - 11 a.m. anyways.
 
{much to Hannah's dismay we took a lovely 45 minute train ride around the park}

{seriously. no zoom. he. was. right. there.}

{flamingo feeding area}

{world's best selfie with a flamingo. that thing scared me sh*tless.}

{momma feeding the birdies}

{sweet little duck. that actually bit me. not so sweet little duck..}

{dad feeding them}

{giraffes}

{Hannah in the aviary}

{so proud of herself}

{Hannah rockin' her concert shirt, me rockin' my game day apparel!}

{I was so scared I was going to lose my favorite shoes}

{Hannah was too embarrassed to sit on the gorilla}
 
{mis padres}

{little meerkat}
 
{had to visit my kangaroos again}

{the best picture ever}
 
After closing down the park we got back to the hotel to watch the last 4 minutes of the FSU game! And we caught the last part of the Bama V. Ole Miss game.. umm craziness!
 
{Woohoo!! Another win for the books!}
 
We all got ready as fast as our tired bodies would let us and headed to The Cheesecake Factory for a super late dinner. Mom and Dad had never been so I felt it was my duty to introduce them to the wonderful world known as Cheesecake Factory. It was as yummy as I remembered and Mom and Dad loved it too! After stuffing our bellies full of wonderful pasta and cheesecake, we all crashed as soon as we got back to the hotel.
 
It was a wonderful short family vacation and if you've never been to Busch Gardens Tampa I totally recommend it! The animals and the rides are amazing! I'm still in denial that it's actually over and I'm still laughing at how goofy my Dad was the whole trip! His dance moves are.. well, there's really no words for his dance moves! Haha! I had the best time with my little sister and parents and will cherish the memories we made this past weekend for the rest of my life! :)  
Image Map

9 comments:

  1. How old is your sister? Cheesecake Factory - yum! I cannot feed the animals or get close. I am really scared of that sort of thing!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks & sounds like an awesome little family vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like so much fun! I love Cheesecake Factory- the red velvet cheesecake is amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an awesome trip! I love the Cheesecake Factory so much! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Meerkats...I love them. Tooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheesecake Factory... YUM! The rest of the trip looks fun too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my Lord girl you are 25 and talking about not having the energy of a 13 year old.....girl bye! I'm 32 and I tell you just wait! The fun with your family is making me envious as all get out. I'm so glad you had that precious time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like fun, love those pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a FUN day! But it really is the worst when we realize how old we are getting! Why can't our bodies stay as young as our minds?! HA! And Cheesecake Factory... yummmm! My fave!!

    ReplyDelete