Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Cruisin' 2014 // Belize City, Belize

Looking back, Stop #2 was definitely my favorite out of all the excursions we planned. We had to tinder in from the ship, so we were up bright and early to get tickets. Royal Caribbean gives priority to guests that book their excursions through the ship and since we went the cheaper route and booked outside, we wanted to make sure we got off the ship and to our excursion on time!
 
{On the Tinder}

 
{Docking at Belize City, Belize}
 
Speaking of the excursion, we booked a cave tubing and zip lining excursion through Butts Up Cave Tubing. I would totally recommend this company! We paid half the price of what the ship was charging and we got to go extra on the cave tubing portion. Our tour guides Smiley and Speedy were great and super friendly! They even gave us Cashew wine, which is made exclusively in Belize. {Ps.. the smell of the wine was 10xs worse than the actual taste.}
 

 
The excursion started with a 30-minute hike through the Belizian rainforest. Thankfully our tour company carried our tubes for us! Although it really wasn't that bad of a hike. Our tour guide would stop and tell us interesting things about the trees and plants that surrounded us. The only part that was weird was hiking in your bikini. I felt a little.. umm.. exposed! Haha! But I didn't want to get my clothes super wet for when we were zip lining!

{pre-hike}
 
{we had to cross the river at a couple points}
 
{termite nest}

{finally at the start of the cave tubing - Caves Branch River}
 
{someone on Facebook asked if I were wearing a top.. the answer is yes. Most definitely yes.}
 
{The ancient Mayas regarded the caves as a sacred underworld and home to many powerful gods}

{inside the cave - unfortunately it was too dark to get any good pictures}
 
{the clearer the water, the deeper it is!}
 
While the cave tubing part was fun, it's not something I'd do again. I'm very glad I had the opportunity to do it and I will most definitely cross it off my bucket list! I really thought you'd be able to see more in the caves and they would be more of the "crystal" caves that were advertised. I guess I was a bit naïve when I thought the caves would literally sparkle! Haha!
 
The zip lining was definitely my favorite out of everything! I'm afraid of heights so I was pretty nervous, but it was something I've always wanted to do, so I couldn't be chicken! Honestly I had a harder time climbing the steps around the trees to get to the platform than I did jumping off the platform.. makes totally sense right?! Not..
 
{about to get suited up}


 
The only gosh-awful part of the zip lining was the walk to each platform. A lot of it was uphill and very steep! I had to catch my breath a few times and my thighs were definitely screaming in protest!

{Taylor comin' in hot!}

{one of the views on the line}

{how's about a little zipping selfie?!}
 
From now on, every cruise I go on I will go on a zip lining excursion! It's so much fun! We got back on the ship around 4:30, went to dinner, then went to the Guys vs. Girls game show. It was a lot of fun watching other people make complete fools of themselves for a bunch of made up points! Haha!
 
Next up is our day in Cozumel, Mexico! :)
 
Image Map

5 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun! I've always been too nervous to zip line but it's always been on my bucket list too! Next time I get the chance I am definitely going to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love ziplining and i'm with you on the platform to platform being more scary than the actual zip! and i love your selfie! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We ziplined in the sierra madre mountains in puerto vallarta and I would agree, the hikes to the platforms were the worse part. My body was exhausted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your recaps because we are going on a cruise with the same itinerary in December! Belize looks really beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks like so much fun! i would love to go to belize! i went to cozumel twice in high school and the snorkeling was so amazing! xo jillian - stop by! I'm hosting a great jewelry giveaway on cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete