Monday, December 1, 2014

A Happy Thanksgiving Recap

Happy Monday after a 4-day weekend, Folks. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to call in sick this morning and give myself a 5-day weekend. Oh, well.. I have to face reality sooner or later!
 
I had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend with lots of family and friends! I went to a hockey game with my Grandparents Wednesday night then made my desserts for Thanksgiving at my parent's house.
 
Thursday was Thanksgiving and Ethan and I went over to my parent's house around noon. I helped mom with some last minute prep while the other family started arriving. This was my Mom's first time hosting Thanksgiving at her house and I think she did amazing! It was a great time visiting with my paternal Grandparents, Aunt Sarah and her husband Jimmy, my parents, and my siblings!
 
{All mom's babies}
 
I was not excited that Black Friday shopping started at 6 p.m. on Thursday. To me, that's just not the tradition and I really hated it. I miss the days of waking up at 2 a.m. to go stand in line! We started our night at Sears so my brother and sister-in-law could get a new washer and dryer for their new house! They got a really good deal and I know they're excited! After that we girls said adios to the boys and headed on to Target and met up with my friend Taylor. Since we got there late I didn't score all the deals I wanted, but I still saved some money!
 
Friday morning my mom, sister and I loaded up to go to Alexis' ultrasound for Baby Ward. When we got there she and her friend Chandler were already in the room doing the "fun part" aka the part where they find out the gender! But after about 10 minutes, we were all able to go in the ultrasound room and watch that sweet little baby jump all around. Baby opened its mouth so much! Which made perfect sense considering my brother Dakota and his wife Alexis are not quiet people! Haha! Baby also got the hiccups, which was super cool to see. We officially all find out this upcoming Saturday what Baby is at the Gender Reveal Party!
 
{All of us at the Gender Ultrasound}
 
{Sweet Baby's Profile}
 
Saturday morning me and Ethan met up with our friends John and Melissa and their sweet baby boy Landon for breakfast at Polonza Bistro downtown.  The food was amazing and it was so good catching up with John and Melissa.
 
{My chicken & waffles - so yummy!}
 
After breakfast Ethan and I headed to Lowes to price some stuff for the house we're building! We're still in the very early stages, but we have a meeting with a builder and the bank this Friday to talk numbers! We thought it would be a good to get an idea of what we wanted and the prices of materials. I'm so excited about this next chapter of life: home owners!
 
 
We spent the rest of Saturday over at Taylor and Colin's house watching a full day's worth of college football! I'm very pleased with how my team fared {see above!}, but I wish Auburn would have pulled out a win! That would have made the day 110% perfect!
 
Sunday was a lazy day. Ethan and I got lunch at Firehouse, visited with his sister Emily in the hospital {hopefully Baby Mila can come soon!}, and put up our Christmas tree. It was a perfect ending to a great 4-day holiday weekend! Now I'm counting down the days till our next 4-day weekend! :)

 
 
 
Image Map

7 comments:

  1. Looks like a great weekend, lady! I can't wait for my next four day weekend, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken and Waffles - DRROOOOOOLS!

    Amazing weekend recap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Chicken and waffles are my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like you had a great long weekend..
    we are in the process of doing home things too.. lots of trips to Home Depot..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't really think the Gators had it in them.....but this season we have just been terrible!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a such a great holiday weekend! I did some Black Friday shopping for the first time ever this year!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great Thanksgiving! Its so cool you got to go to the ultrasound...you must be so excited to find out the gender!

    ReplyDelete