Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Life Lately

Sorry about all the silence around here these days - just honestly haven't felt like blogging. Which in turn makes me a terrible blogger. Sorry about that. But in all honesty, I know you don't care to see the 100th "best stocking stuffer" post in your newsfeed today. No offense to anyone that has posted something like that. I've been reading them and taking notes on what to get my loved ones.
 
But I thought I'd get up to speed on what's been going on in my life a little:
 
I gained a new niece on December 11, 2014! Her name is Milica Rose and she's my favorite. (Don't tell my other 7 nieces and nephews! Haha!) She's just so itty bitty and perfect! I can't help it!
 
{Sweet Mila}

{Please excuse my gosh-awful hair - someone please give me a suggestion on what to do with it?!}
 
On the home front - Ethan and I got pre-approved by the bank for a construction loan! We're still going to check out a couple of other banks for a better rate, but we're so excited we even qualify! Next up is getting our lot appraised and getting a perc test for a septic tank. We've narrowed it down to two house plans and just need price estimates before we make a final selection!
 
This past weekend we tried to re-home one of our cats, Jerry. It was seriously one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. We went through our local Humane Society for the adoption. The plan was Saturday morning we'd drop him off at PetSmart for their "kitty adoption day." He had a lady lined up to adopt him, so I was pretty confident this would be the last time I cuddled my Jer Bear. I cried off and on the whole ride from our house to PetSmart and completely lost it when we left. But long story short: the lady who wanted to adopt him also wanted to declaw him, which is a no-no in the Humane Society's eyes. So my sweet Jerry is back home and for good.
 
{He's always thisclose on my lap. Such a sweetie.}
 
I'm starting to freak out about Christmas only being 9 days away. For real, let that sink in. I've still got over half my shopping list to cross off! Good thing this Friday is pay day because me and Ethan will be doing some damage at the mall!
 
I'm also counting down the days until the Rose Bowl! I'm really hoping my Noles can pull off win #30 and head straight to the National Championship again!
 
 
Ok, so I've rambled enough for one post. Mostly wanted to remember these things even when I don't feel like blogging. I'm hoping the new year will bring a renewed feeling for the 'ole blog.
 
 
 
Image Map

13 comments:

  1. Why would you ever want to get rid of that sweet face?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's going on with the cat that you'd need to give him a new home?

    I'm excited about bowl games too, might actually be going to the one in Nashville :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY on the construction loan! That's exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous baby girl! Congrats to your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, your niece is precious! Isn't being an aunt the BEST ever?? I'm glad you got to keep your kitty! Congrats on the construction loan, so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the baby niece! She's a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love your nieces name - it's so beautiful! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the new niece! How sweet! There are times where I don't want to blog. F*ck it. Who cares for that week? Also, I don't really care about stocking stuffers anymore. I tried to avoid the topic, but I did do a hotess gift guide. #sellout

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful baby! Wow, how precious! Love her name!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So adorable! I love your comment on stocking stuffers! I have seen so many of those list this month!!!
    melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your niece is adorable! I love her name, its so pretty!

    ReplyDelete