Monday, December 8, 2014

Weekend Recap // Babies & FSU

Very exciting weekend on my end! Friday we met up with a builder and went over some details of the house plan that we like! We're trying our best to get a good estimate of what this house will cost us before we buy the official plans! And after that we met with the bank to get pre-approved! Still waiting to hear back from them, but it's so exciting to have started this whole process of building a home!
 
After our meeting we stopped by and had the best pizza dinner with my parents. It was just Domino's but it definitely hit the spot!
 
Saturday was a super busy day for us! Lots of fun things planned, but by the end of it I was exhausted! We got breakfast {as promised to Ethan} at IHOP and then headed home so I could start cooking for a football party we were going to that night!
 
 
I made my favorite cucumber sandwiches and the best hot ham and cheese sandwiches! Both are on my Pinterest board here! Feel free to follow along too! #shamelessplug
 
Saturday was also the day we found out whether me and Ethan were getting a brand new niece or brand new nephew from my brother and his wife! The party was set up boys vs. girls. I was pretty dang convinced Baby Ward was a girl, so I donned my best pink shirt for Team Girl!
 
 
Alexis' best friend was the only one that knew ahead of time what Baby Ward was, so she packed a box filled with either pink or blue balloons. The idea was that Dakota and Alexis would pull the cord and the streamers and balloons would come showering down.

 
Too bad the cord broke so they had to go digging in to the box to find out!

 
But I'm 100% sure it didn't bother either of them as they are both so excited to be welcoming a little baby boy this upcoming May! The above-picture was Alexis' first reaction to the blue balloon popping out!


Of course my phone makes its own gifs so I definitely love this time lapse!
 
 
Alexis' dad Mark was so overcome with joy that he ran up and started dancing! Haha!

 
Can't wait to meet my newest nephew Walker James come May 2015!
 
After finding out that Baby Ward is a BOY, we went back inside and mingled while the guys cooked burgers and hotdogs on the grill. The burgers were really good and I enjoyed the time talking to family and friends.  After the party, me and Ethan headed back to my Grandma's house to spend some time with her before we needed to go to Katie & Daniel's house for the football party.

 
The sandwiches I made earlier were a huge hit! We all made different appetizers and they were all so yummy! I loved the Golden Grahams dessert that Katie made. Basically it was Rice Krispy treats except with Golden Grahams and chocolate chips! Heavenly!
 
{29 in a ROW and ACC CHAMPS! Booyah!}
 
During halftime we did a Dirty Santa mug exchange which was a lot of fun! Of course our game was super stressful in true FSU fashion, but we pulled out another "W"!!
 
Sunday morning I wasn't feeling well so we didn't go to church, but I was able to get a lot of rest. Basically me and Ethan woke up and watched Arthur Christmas {the BEST Christmas movie} in bed. I napped on and off during the movie.  Then we moved to the living room to watch the Playoff Committee Selection. I napped on and off again. Around 1 we got up {for real this time} and headed to lunch at Ichiban and then off for some Christmas shopping. We got a couple more people crossed off our list! After shopping we spent some time up at the hospital with Ethan's sister Emily while she's on bed rest. But!! We got good news that her C-section has been scheduled for this Thursday! Yay! I get a brand new niece later this week!
 
Such a good weekend filled with food, family, football & babies! :)
 
 
 
Image Map

7 comments:

  1. I love the animated photo! Congrats to the parents to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like such a fun weekend! How exciting on the house!!! Fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly and I can't wait to hear about the process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute annoucement! the baby and i get to share names - except his new first name with be my new last :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting for your brother and his wife! I love the name they picked! Very cute reveal!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's a fun way to reveal. I hope to do something like that when it comes our time to have a kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, that just sounds like a fabulous and packed weekend! I love the way they did the gender reveal, how fun! Congrats on the nephew-to-be, being an aunt is SO much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the gif of them finding out the gender of the baby - so sweet!! Sounds like you had a really great and packed weekend and yay for new house coming together!

    ReplyDelete