Monday, January 26, 2015

Happy Monday // Good Baby Appointments & Hannah's 14th Birthday

If I told you I was starting this Monday morning bright eyed and bushy tailed, I'd be lying. And not because I don't have a tail. It's because after weeks and weeks of no caffeine, I still don't believe myself when I tell myself to not have chocolate after 3 p.m. And of course, I had a delicious cup of homemade hot chocolate compliments of my bestie {who, if reading this needs to refresh me on that recipe..} Sunday night. Big mistake, huge. Me and the clock were still keeping an eye on each other this morning at 1 a.m. Darn that delicious hot chocolate.
 
But how about a weekend recap to get things going?
 
I was off Friday, so I met my mom and our friend Tracee for lunch at my favorite sushi place Ichiban. As usual it was delicious and I enjoyed the time with my mom and Tracee. Afterwards I met Ethan at the doctor's office for our 2nd appointment for Baby M! It was a great appointment! We heard the heartbeat almost right away. Wish I would have asked her what it was, but it must have been good because Dr. Payne didn't seem concerned. I got my flu shot {that hurt like a mother... you know the rest} and we scheduled our next appointment which will be the anatomy scan for February 27th! Woo-hoo the countdown is ON for the gender reveal!!
 
Saturday I lounged around the house all morning while Ethan was out playing golf. I ended up heading to my parent's house to take my sister out for a birthday mani/pedi. I can't believe my little baby sister is 14 now! Later that evening we went to Oops Alley for her bowling birthday party.
 
{Me & the Birthday Girl}

{She'd kill me for this photo}

{Goofing around with baby bellies and bowling balls}

{My Love}

{Da preggos}

{These crack me up}

{More bellies and bowling balls}
 
After Hannah's party we went to a bonfire at our friend's house. It was so much fun just sitting around on the back porch, eating smores and laughing our butts off at each other! How cool is this homemade firepit? It's an old washing machine drum that has been coated in heat-resistant paint and had legs welded to it?! It was the best and we will definitely be getting one for our back porch one day!
 
 
Sunday afternoon Ethan played golf again. I mean, I can't really blame him, our weather has been amazing this weekend! I went a mini girl's road trip to Destin. The weather was great until the sun went down then it was just cold and windy! The best part was getting Chipotle again for dinner! Oh, and spending time with Katie and Taylor. That was pretty great too! ;) Haha!
 
Of course we didn't get home till almost 9 p.m. and I needed to do laundry, but thank goodness I had that double shot of espresso hot chocolate because I was able to stay up for my laundry.. and then some! An early bedtime is definitely calling my name for tonight!
 
Hope everyone had a great weekend and wish a happy work week to everyone!
 
Image Map

11 comments:

  1. You dont even know how much I miss bonfires in Florida - seriously so fun!!! love that you got some sisterly bonding time getting a mani and pedi for her birthday! Hope you have a great Monday!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww what a fun weekend, love the baby belly/bowling ball pics! That fire pit is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I love the bellies & bowling balls pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww - the pics are adorable and fun! I'm going to enjoy seeing your little bump grow! And you always have the best weekends! Carylee | more pieces of me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bowling is so much fun...my family loves to go! The homemade fire pit looks so cool, how creative too! Glad you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love backyard bonfires like that! So fun to hang around and catch up with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like such a fun weekend! Those bowling ball pictures are precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. sistertime, a bonfire, and a party all in one weekend?! how fun! (p.s. those are 3 of my favorite things!) i'm stopping by from the week's end link-up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like such a great weekend! Glad to hear everything is going well with the pregnancy!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun time you had with your friends!! It was really enjoyable watching your photographs. You know dear I also attended a stunning birthday party last week. There we had great fun. I consider that as the best birthday party nyc I have ever been to!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome weekend!! I just shifted to Miami and really love all these bonfires at the party places Miami. The nightlife here is outstanding. I am really enjoying at this place!

    ReplyDelete