Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Humpday Bumpday // 13 Weeks



how far along: 13 weeks! The last week of the 1st Trimester! {Although, my What To Expect app says this is the start of my 2nd Trimester.}
 
size of the baby: a sweet Georgia peach! Measuring about 2.9" and weighing in at .81 ounces!
 
baby is: forming tiny bones in the arms and legs, the intestines are beginning to move from the umbilical cord to the abdomen, and vocal cords are under construction.
 
movement: baby can move its little arms in a jerking fashion now, so s/he may be able to suck its thumb! I don't want to say "I felt baby move" because I know good and well it could've just been gas, but on Sunday (12w6d) I felt a flutter that felt a little like 3 strikes of Morse code. I asked my mom what it was supposed to feel like and she said to take the back of your hand and flutter your eyelashes on to it. That's exactly what I felt! I doubt it was baby, but I want to remember this moment! :)
 
gender: I've got a countdown on my phone for February 20th for the ultrasound and February 21st for our gender reveal party!
 
total weight gain: Up 2 pounds on my home scale, but I'm interested to know what the doctor's scale says on Friday!
 
symptoms: Still taking my Zofran {anti-nausea medicine} once a day. I've been battling a cold for two weeks now, so add extra fatigue and nose bleeds from blowing my nose so much.

stretch marks: still just the ones on my tatas.
 
maternity clothes: nothing new. Basically just living in my black pants at work and my pj bottoms at home.
  
sleep: Not bad. I seem to have a new sleep cycle where I'll wake up two to three times a night to use the bathroom, then be so exhausted the next night that I don't wake up at all. I feel like I'm never going to stop peeing on those mornings. TMI, sorry.
 
missing: My summer tan.
 
cravings/aversions: Give me all the salt, which probably accounts for the weight gain this week. Oops.  As for aversions, grilled chicken. I had a Chick-Fil-A original chicken sandwich and it was fine.
 
cries: Still tearing up for anyone that gets a golden ticket to Hollywood on American Idol and on a more sappy note - I've noticed I rub my belly a lot more nowadays and talk to the baby. I totally teared up telling baby "I love you."
 
ethan is: being the best at taking care of his poor sick baby momma. He's the greatest. Also, this convo happened this week while taking my bump picture:

E: Are you poking your belly out?
K: No.. I'm actually trying to suck in.
E: Oh, well you're actually looking pregnant now.

Yay for a bump that Ethan declares as a bump! ;)
 
best moments: Ethan lovingly looking at my belly. I don't know if he knows I see him, but it makes me melt.

not so best moment: Being sick, again. I'm coughing so hard at times it makes me vomit.

looking forward to: Hearing baby's heartbeat on Friday and hopefully {fingers crossed} scheduling our anatomy scan and planning our Gender Reveal Party!

in case you missed it: Our Announcement :: How We Found Out :: Weeks 4-11 :: Week 12
 
Image Map

11 comments:

  1. Adorable, so close to finding out the gender!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! Glad everything is going so smoothly and you're so close to finding out the gender :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! For the Ethan declared bump! :) Love it.
    Also...I'm missing my summertime tan too!!!! Meh. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet update! You are looking super cute!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are glowing!! I can't wait to hear if you are having a sweet baby girl or boy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for the bump! I love the outfit in the picture by the way. You're totally a cute pregnant lady.

    ReplyDelete
  7. February 20th will be here before you know it! Trust me I'm counting down the days for my own reasons so I will pray with you that it goes by super fast! Looking adorable girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So exciting! The gender reveal party & hearing the heartbeat will be so special! We''ll be working on starting a family in the near future and I love to follow along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look adorable and you're making me miss my pregnancy now! Can't believe you find out what you're having in a month- so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. New follower here! Congrats on your pregnancy. It is a wonderful journey and I hope it treats you well. Looking forward to following along more!

    ReplyDelete