Friday, January 9, 2015

TGIF // Friday's Favorites

I'm here. Still battling my cold, but I'm still here. Thank goodness it's Friday because I'm so looking forward to being able to sleep in and lounge around for two straight days. Ethan, if you're reading this {which you probably aren't..} I've got BIG plans for us this weekend. Sarcasm font.
 
But for real, you shouldn't have to come back to work sick after being off for two weeks. It's been rough and I did call in sick on Wednesday because I felt like my cold had dropped to my chest. But after a quick checkup with the doctor, there's nothing in my chest and it's just a cold. Carry on.
 
And since it's Friday and I want to participate in the 1st Friday Five of the New Year. Here's five {probably rando} things on my mind.
 
{1} THANK YOU! To everyone that showed their love and support for our announcement. We're thrilled to start this new journey called parenthood and excited to share the good, the bad, and the ugly along the way!
 
{2} I had two "big dates" scheduled for this week that I had to cancel due to being sick. One - I was supposed to have my awful 3" long, dark roots and nappy, dead ends fixed. And Two - I was supposed to get that craving for hibachi taken care of. Neither happened, therefore both need to happen asap! Haha!
 
{3} The weather here in Florida forgot how to weather. I know I'm only 25, but I strongly believe the temperature should always be double, if not more, my age. Not the case this past week. Hello, lows in the low 20s. Ugh.
 
{Via Facebook - and the story of my life.}
 
{4} I participated in my 1st Influenster campaign. I received their #staydry Vox Box for free to test and review. I have to say I'm not a huge fan of spray deodorants, but I did like the Dove Dry Spray. I'm still not the best at applying it -more than likely user error, but it does smell good, isn't "wet" feeling, and totally stood up to it's 48-hour protection. I've noticed I sweat SO much more now that I'm pregnant and was actually looking for a deodorant that I could feel comfortable using! I think I found a winner!
 
 
{5} Humongous praise for this week: Ethan's contract at work got picked back up! We were so worried that come January 30th he'd be out of a job, but all praise to God for providing Ethan with a new contract that has a significant raise, new schedule, and 5 weeks vacation a year! God is SO good! I should be ashamed of myself for worrying over this because I should have known God will ALWAYS provide! :)
 
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you again on Monday! Try to stay warm, my friends!
 
 
Image Map

8 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy your time relaxing this weekend - sounds like you need it mama!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday! Hope you're feeling better!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weather down here has sucked royally! I'm currently sitting in my office with coat and mittens, because apparently FSU only knows how to use the a/c in the building :) Replace all those cats with 3 dogs (2 of which are 100 lbs) and you have my life. Happy Friday! Here's to a hopefully warmer weekend! -Dorrie @ Bear Den Plantation

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I ever got to say congrats to you on your pregnancy! So here it is: CONGRATS! I was 25 when I was pregnant with my first baby - good age, thirty-one was um...a little trickier!!! I hope you feel great ASAP. The weather thing....yeah I'm in NC and I always say I'm running away to FL when the cold hits here now my bubble is burst....I guess I better go to the Keys?! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the baby! I just discovered your blog today (thanks to the link up) and I'm glad to say, I will be following you along! I've been seeing the Dove aerosol deoderant advertised, but have been hesitant to try it out. I think I'll be giving it a shot! Hope you have a great weekend!
    *hugs* -Amber @ www.joythroughlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you feel better soon, lady! And I'm with you, the temps need to get much higher than they are now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would gladly take the 20°s!! Its been below zero here and down in the negative teens and twenties here all week! Hope you feel better girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm thinking I might try out that Dove aerosol. Looked at it a couple times but haven't picked it up yet.

    Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete