Monday, February 23, 2015

1st Beach Weekend of the Year

It was one of those weekends that was absolutely wonderful!
 
Saturday I helped celebrate the upcoming birth of a sweet friend's miracle baby! I couldn't be more excited for Leslee and can't wait to finally see her as a mother! Her baby girl Landree got so many beautiful and thoughtful presents!
 
{Beautiful Momma-to-Be Leslee}


{18 weeks and 32 weeks}
 
After the baby shower, I headed to my parent's house for some grilled bacon-wrapped deer meat! Dad finally got himself a deer during hunting season and I immediately capitalized on his game! ;)
 
Sunday Ethan and I met our friends Taylor and Colin at 5 Guys for some super yummy burgers! It was only my 2nd time going and I really feel like I've been missing out in life! Ha! Afterwards we all headed out to the beach to meet up with some other friends to let the dogs run on the beach. The weather on Sunday was just too gorgeous to sit inside for anything!
 

{Daniel & Brewer, the Great Dane}

{Max, the Doberman & Daly, the German Shephard }
 
Basically, to be friends with us.. you have to be a member of the BDC. Black Dog Club. Ethan and I have thrown around the idea of a black/brown Lab or Rottweiler to be exclusive members of the club. Haha!

{Daly Dukes}

{Us girls trying to get some sun!}
 
{Ellen-style Oscar selfie}
 
{Gorgeous Gulf Islands National Seashore}
 
After sufficiently wearing out the pups, we all headed over to Shaggy's to grab some dinner! Shaggy's is one of two dog friendly restaurants on Pensacola Beach! Next time we'll have to eat at Flounder's {the other dog friendly restaurant}! The food was delicious and the margaritas were only a $1 thanks to National Margarita Day! I even joined in on the fun and had a virgin margarita.. aka a limeade!
 
{Pups waiting for an outside table}

{Gorgeous sunset to end a fabulous day!}
 
It was SO nice being in our "neck of the woods" with friends for a chance! After dinner Ethan and I were able to walk home! Normally it's a good 30 minute drive home! We watched a little bit of the Oscars and then went to bed early! Preggo can't handle staying up late after going all day without a nap! Ha!
 
Now it's Monday morning and officially "we find out what baby is this week" week and I couldn't be more excited! I'm over here making lists on top of lists on top of lists for stuff we need to do and get done! Eek! Hope everyone else had a wonderful weekend and I'll see you around this week!
 
Image Map

12 comments:

  1. One of my friends was just down at Pensacola for a wedding. So jealous! I need to have some sand instead of ice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mama to be's look so cute with your bumps!! I am jealous of your beach trip, but that's what florida living is about!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAYYYY for beach weekends! Oh what fun!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Katie. I'm visiting from over at Mama Moments Monday. What a great, fun-filled weekend you had! What a blessing to have good friends to share good times with! Hope you have a blessed week, as you anticipate learning if you are having a boy or a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are looking great! Love the beach pics and the pups! I LOVE Five Guys, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had a dream of a weekend. Spending the day on the beach with puppies and friends sounds amazing! Your baby bump is too cute! I can't wait to find out what you having. It's so exciting! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm obsessed with 5 Guys....so good! So jealous of your beach weekend...here in Boston the Beach only seems like a distant memory with all this snow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jealous of your beautiful scenery!! SO exciting that your finding out what you are having this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 5 Guys is so good! Looks like a really fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Y'all are adorable with your baby bumps! Such a great weekend, girlfriend! xo

    ReplyDelete