Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Humpday Bumpday // Week 16

{16w6d}

how far along: 16 weeks!
 
size of the baby: as big as an avocado, measuring around 4.6" and 3.5 ounces!
 
baby is: listening to the sound of my voice, growing hair {please, please, God, let my baby have lots of hair!}, lashes and eyebrows, and forming taste buds!
 
movement: every app is telling me to "be on the lookout" so this week I've been extra attentive in this area. I'm pretty sure I can feel some kicks after I eat. I'll lie down on my side and {gently.. for Ethan} press the top part of my stomach to cramp up some space.. I'm terrible, I know.. but I swear I felt some kicks on more than one occasion! I think babe hangs out on left side {my belly looks lopsided most days} and I can't wait to confirm that at the ultrasound!
 
gender: February 28th is our Gender Reveal Party!
 
total weight gain: Up a total of 7 pounds.. guess I've been splurging a little too much! Definitely going to try to start working out again this upcoming week.

stretch marks: still just my tatas, but I've started rubbing stretch mark lotion all over my breasts, stomach, hips, butt, and thighs - just in case.
 
symptoms: I've given up on my Zofran after seeing one of those "Attention: have you or a loved one suffered from..." commercials about Zofran during pregnancy. I know my doctor told me it was ok, but after seeing that, it significantly freaked me out. I still feel somewhat gross {wouldn't say nauseated} in the mornings and when I'm really hungry. Also catching myself out of breath more often when I bend over and I've still got that congestion in my nose.
 
maternity clothes: summer dresses are starting to come out! Tried on one at Target, but ended up only getting the shirt!

{question: why are horizontal stripes a thing for pregnant gals? lol}
 
  
sleep: starting to need belly support when I lie on my side and I'm wondering how in the world I'm going to roll myself over my pillow to get to the bathroom in the middle of the night soon.
 
missing: stereotypical.. but I'd love a fruity drink right about now. I'm not a huge drinker, but occasionally I'll enjoy something while out with friends.
 
cravings/aversions: Grilled chicken still sounds disgusting, but I'm trying to eat healthier, so I basically gagged through a grilled chicken wrap the other night. Yea, not happening again any time soon!
 
cries: Not bad this week - except for the giant Charlie horse I got in my calf in the middle of the night this week. I was crying and whimpering at 4 a.m. and I woke Ethan up. Poor guy thought I was going in labor and I really freaked him out.
 
ethan is: still not on board with the idea of a gender reveal party. Poor guy.. he's just going to have to get over that one!
 
best moments: possibly, probably feeling some kicks this week!

not so best moments: seeing that dang Zofran commercial. Ugh.. this momma's heart is super worried now!

looking forward to: a couple sweet friends' baby showers coming up. I'm going to take note on what they get and what I see that I didn't know I'll need!

in case you missed it: Our Announcement :: How We Found Out :: Weeks 4-11 :: Week 12 :: Week 13 :: Week 14 :: Week 15
Image Map

8 comments:

  1. Looking adorable!!! And don't worry about cramping space up in there, I do it all the time!! Kicks are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking so great! That shirt from Target is too cute! They have the cutest maternity clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. horizontal stripes bring out the bump!! haha can't wait for the gender reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeee gender reveal so soon! So exciting!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look adorable!! I can't wait to see your gender reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good momma!! Can't wait to see this party once it happens :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! Charlie horses are the worst! The stripes show off the adorable bump!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok so you probably know this already, but if you get a Charlie horse, flex your foot (meaning try to pull your toes back to your shin). Charlie horses usually happen when you point your toes. It seems counter-intuitive, but it works.

    You look so cute!!! Seriously, that dress is adorable on you (I know you said you just got the shirt, which is really cute too).

    ReplyDelete