Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Humpday Bumpday // Week 17

{17w6d}
 
how far along: 17 weeks
 
size of the baby: one app says an onion, another a turnip, and another a pomegranate. But all agree we're around 5" long and weigh around 5.5-6 ounces!

{via Ovia app}
 
baby is: about the size of my palm {yes, I measured!} and the heartbeat is now regulated by the brain (no more random beats) to 140-150 times per minute! Which at my last appointment was in the 150s, so I've still got my fingers crossed for that "high heart beat = a girl" old wife's tale!

{size of baby's hand! Via Ovia app}
 
movement: little bumps here and there, mostly really low. I notice them most right after I've eaten or I put my jeggings on. Apparently someone doesn't like it when my pants are tight across where they hang out all day!
 
gender: I can officially say the week after next! Ahhh and my countdown is in the "teens" now! Gender reveal party is on the 28th!
 
total weight gain: Was pumped to see that I didn't gain any weight this week! Woohoo! Still hanging out at 7 pounds total.

stretch marks: same 'ole, same 'ole. Double lathering on the Palmer's Stretch Mark Cream!
 
symptoms: Round ligament pain for the win. Congestion, backaches, and feeling out of breath.
 
maternity clothes: just got two bags of maternity clothes from my sister-in-law Em! Yay! And there were a lot of pants!
  
sleep: Getting up at least twice a night for a potty break, but thankfully I am able to go right back to sleep. Also, my dreams are getting unreal. I woke myself up one morning answering a question that someone asked me in my dream! Thank goodness Ethan had already left for work or he would have made fun of me to no end!
 
missing: nothing I can think of this week.
 
cravings/aversions: Loving my milk. Chocolate milk to be exact. Probably explains my increase in weight gain.. also got busted by the game warden (aka Ethan) with my new Pringles craving. I beg for them at the grocery store when we shop together, he says no. My defiant self stops by the grocery store by myself after work, thinking I've outsmarted him. Until he drives my car randomly that same night to a friend's house.. my two cans of Pringles are sitting in the front seat, waiting to be hid at my office the next day. Oh, the things I do to try to be sneaky! He wasn't mad or anything, just laughed at me.
 
cries: bought baby a CD of lullabies and totally cried listening to the classic ones and imagining 2 a.m. with a fussy baby singing lullabies to get him/her back to sleep.
 
ethan is: wanting to feel the baby kick as bad I as do! He held his hands on my belly the other night "trying" to feel something, but I told him it'd be at least another couple months before the kicks were strong enough to feel from the outside.
 
best moments: using my sister-in-law Alexis' home Doppler to hear the baby's heartbeat! We clocked it in around 156-160! Best sound in the world!

not so best moments: hurting so bad from all this round ligament pain. Ouchie!

looking forward to: NEXT WEEK when we find out if we have a little miss or little mister!

in case you missed it: Our Announcement :: How We Found Out :: Weeks 4-11 :: Week 12 :: Week 13 :: Week 14 :: Week 15 :: Week 16

{17w6d}
 
Image Map

9 comments:

  1. LOVE the sweet lullaby cry you had! Bless it!!! Soooo excited for y'all to find out about baby boy or girl SO SOON! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're looking amazing! I hope your pain goes away soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so so excited for you!! I can't wait for you to find out what you're having!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MMM chocolate milk! I love that you're sneaking Pringles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great!!! Can't wait to hear what you are having!! Love the Pringles story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at your adorable little bump!! And I don't have the pregnancy excuse, so why am I waking up twice a night to pee? haha! And chocolate milk--always a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your little bundle of joy! I'm a huge fan of chocolate milk! I don't usually drink it until after a long run though. I came to visit through the stuff and things hop. If you'd like to say hi, please email me at estherdavison@gmail.com. My blogger account is "no-reply" :(. Esther Norine Designs

    ReplyDelete
  8. So exciting! Enjoy your pregnancy and your alone time with hubby !

    ReplyDelete