Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Humpday Bumpday // Week 18

{18w6d}

how far along: 18 weeks and now in my 5th month of pregnancy! Holy cow!
 
size of the baby: around 5.5" - 6" long and weighs around 6-7 ounces! S/he's getting so big!
 
baby is: beginning to develop a coating of myelin on his/her nerves, a substance that protects and facilitates the brain's communication with the rest of the nervous system.
 
movement: kid has a serious attitude problem when it comes to my pants being to tight on my uterus. And by "too tight" I mean anything that touches that area. But of course, I'm loving the little feelings every time I get them!
 
gender: We find out this Saturday!! Eek! Follow along on my instagram page (@klm61210) for the Day Of Announcement at our Gender Reveal Party or wait till Monday for my weekend update with the news!
 
total weight gain: Last week's 0 weight gain has been counteracted by this week's 2 pound gain.

stretch marks: I really feel like the stretch marks on my boobs are just getting worse. I'm lathering on the Palmer's Stretch Mark Cream twice a day.
 
symptoms: Oh my aching back and sore nipples.. yikes. Nose bleeds are getting better! Yay!
 
maternity clothes: broke out some maternity clothes I bought pre-pregnancy. Full panel pants don't fit perfectly, but they're much better than regular pants. I bought two dresses this week too and can't wait till my legs are tan enough to break those bad boys out!
  
sleep: still good and still getting up at least 1-2 times a night for a potty break, but I fall back asleep easily.
 
missing: not much these days. Feeling pretty good and the weather is starting to get warmer! I can't complain!
 
cravings/aversions: Still loving my chocolate milk and not feeling grilled chicken.
 
cries: happy and sad tears this week. {See below.}
 
ethan is: my favorite person in the whole wide world. :)
 
best moments: having good news come back from our Quad Screening. I had been going back and forth on whether or not to get this blood work done because if it came back positive I'd more than likely worry the entire pregnancy, but if I didn't get it done I knew I would worry regardless. Hearing from the MA that the results were negative was the best news I received all week.

not so best moments: I found out that my aunt who has previously fought and survived cancer now has cancer again. It breaks my heart and would ask that you send prayers for her.

looking forward to: finding out what this baby is! {By the time anyone reads this..} Friday is our ultrasound and Saturday is our gender reveal party!

in case you missed it:  Our Announcement :: How We Found Out :: Weeks 4-11 :: Week 12 :: Week 13 :: Week 14 :: Week 15 :: Week 16 :: Week 17
Image Map

6 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhh! Days away!!!! And you're so cute talking about your fave person in the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun in store for you this weekend with the big reveal!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look adorable! I can't wait to find out it it a baby boy or girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even imagine how excited you must be to find out! Can't wait to hear about the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading this post reminded me why I've been craving chocolate milk ha. All of a sudden one day I was like chocolate milk sounds soo good (& I never drink milk). Now I know why...reading about your craving made me want it. Sympathy craving?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look amazing!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete