Saturday, March 28, 2015

Dessange VoxBox Review

I was really excited to be selected for the Dessange VoxBox. I started getting blonde highlights when I was about 10 years old and it's escalated to a head full of blonde hair now at 25. I tend to try to find shampoos that keep the blonde looking fresh and conditioners that keep my hair from looking over-processed and dry. Let's face it, from the dye jobs, daily blow dries and straightening. My hair could look crispy real fast.
 
{Image via Target website}
 
 
Now enter the
California Blonde Illuminating Shampoo
California Blonde Illuminating Conditioner
California Blonde Brass Color Correcting Crème
 
PROS:
 
+ The shampoo creates a nice lather and rinses well. I'm a fan of a good sudsy wash.
+ The conditioner leaves my hair feeling soft and manageable post wash.
+ After a week of use, I did notice my hair looked less brassy.
 
CONS:
 
- I couldn't stand the smell of the shampoo/conditioner. Very floral at first and then smells like you just got out of the salon for the rest of the day. Ladies that dye your hair at a salon, I know you'll know what I'm talking about.
- I like a thicker consistency for my conditioner. Personal preference here.
- Even though I noticed my hair looking less brassy, I feel like it also dulled my blonde. I don't see the "illuminating" aspect of the shampoo/conditioner.
 
BOTTOM LINE:
 
Even though this was a wonderful product, I don't believe it's the one for me. This is mostly based on just how the shampoo/conditioner smelled. If you're really into highly perfumey, floral scents and you need to tone down some brassiness in your blonde hair, try this one out! It's available at your local Target and is very affordable and worth a try!
 
I received the Dessange VoxBox complimentary from Influenster for reviewing purposes.
All opinions are honest and my own.
Image Map

2 comments:

  1. highlights at ten! wow girl you are a dedicated blonde! looks good on you though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been nominated for a Liebster award!!

    ReplyDelete