Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Humpday Bumpday // Week 21

{21w6d}

how far along: {March 9-15} 21weeks! Oh my gosh, my countdown weeks are in the teens!!
 
size of the baby: 7" {crown to rump} or 10.5" from her head to her toes and weighs around 12 ounces! Every week I'm amazed at how big she's getting!
 
baby is: starting to produce meconium, the substance that will make her first stinky diaper, and her skin is wrinkled before it expands and smoothes out as she gets her baby fat! Eek!

{Her little hand!}
 
movement: Now that I know what I'm looking feeling for, I feel her kicking all the time! Especially after I eat! I even felt her in two places at once, which I guess means she was stretching and I got an arm poke and a leg kick at the same time! So cool!
 
gender: GIRL!
 
total weight gain: 15 pounds, give or take. {And please.. take! haha!}

stretch marks: still just on my tatas, but I'm lathering that lotion on 2xs a day! I've never felt my stomach feel so smooth!
 
symptoms: Tired, so much tiredness. Also, a touch of indigestion, but still no heartburn. Guess this baby will be bald!

wedding rings on or off: this is new to the updates - I've been taking them off at night for about 2 weeks now. I'm terrified I'll wake up one morning and they'll be stuck! But as of right now, they slide back on pretty easy each morning. Unless I've eaten something really salty the night before, then they're slightly tight.

belly button in or out: she's holding on for dear life! Haha! Well, not that extreme just yet! But it's getting really shallow and if I'm super full and sit down, it's basically flush with my stomach!
 
maternity clothes: I can still fit into a pair of pre-pregnancy jeggings, but my thighs don't agree I should be wearing them. Ha! I need to invest in at least one good pair of pregnancy jeans. The pair I have - I hate! The waistband rolls and bunches.
  
sleep: Pretty good. We've been hitting the hay around 8:30 p.m. #notevensorry
 
missing: Being able to walk fast. I wouldn't say I waddle, but I'm just so much slower than I remember.
 
cravings/aversions: Finally craving a salad! Hallelujah for something healthy! And.. craving those thick sugar cookies that have the thick icing. I hate those, but man.. one sounds sooo good right now!

{Update: my rock star hubs heard my pleas. He's the best!}
 
cries: No major cries or meltdowns. I'm waiting for the day I just snap and cry over something ridiculous!
 
ethan is: not looking forward to our 4-hour birthing class I just scheduled. Oh well, he'll get over it! I, on the other hand, think it will be super interesting! I think we even get to tour the hospital!
 
best moments: Being able to watch the baby kick. It's the craziest looking thing! Hopefully as soon as it gets stronger and more noticeable I'll be able to catch a video of it!

not so best moments: getting the worst sunburn of my life. I already googled it, so I know my sunburn doesn't effect the baby, but I swear I raised the temperature in her oven, so she's baking faster and coming in June! Haha! Hopefully not, I'm wanting her to hang on till at least her due date!

looking forward to: our mini-babymoon! We're headed to Orlando this week to see Ethan's family, go to the Arnold Palmer Invitational, and Disney World for the day!

in case you missed it: Our Announcement :: How We Found Out :: Weeks 4-11 :: Week 12 :: Week 13 :: Week 14 :: Week 15 :: Week 16 :: Week 17 :: Week 18 :: Gender Reveal :: Week 19 :: Week 20

Image Map

10 comments:

  1. That is so cool that you are feeling her kick (and poke!), I've never been pregnant but I imagine that's an amazing feeling! So sweet of your hubby to get you those cookies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kicks are the best!! And those sugar cookies .... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would agree that those cookies are icky...unless I'm really hungry then I'll eat one. Have fun on your babymoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're over halfway there!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeek! Her little hand is adorable! She seems happy in there with all the kicking! Glad your wedding rings still fit.. I take mine off every night just because. You make me so hungry with those cookies! YAY, enjoy the mini babymoon, the time away together will be the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel ya, mama! We have a 7 hour birthing class coming up once we get back to CLT. HA! Sorry, hub! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe how far along you are! Time is passing so fast! I finally felt the baby move for the first time last night & I can't wait to feel it even more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i bet there's no feeling like feeling her kick. amazing. time is just flying by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving that baby bump, and the kicks are amazing. But just wait until she gets some oomph behind those kicks, they will shock you!!

    ReplyDelete