Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Humpday Bumpday // Week 23

{23w5d}

how far along: 23 weeks! Only 17 (+/-) to go! Ahh! Weren't we just 17 weeks?!
 
size of the baby: Charlotte is as big as a grapefruit this week! She's around 10.5-11.8 inches tall and weighs close to 20 ounces or 1.2 pounds!
 
baby is: She has a fully-formed face {which I hope we get a glimpse of at our ultrasound on Friday!} and is waiting on the fat to fill her out! She's also listening to my voice and heartbeat and can be startled by loud noises such as cars honking and dogs barking!
 
movement: I definitely feel her all the time now and love to "play" with her. She pokes me; I poke her back! The other day she completely made my entire stomach move like a wave. Watching her poke and kick around is one of my favorite things to do at night before bed.
 
 
total weight gain: Didn't gain any weight this week, so I'm still holding at 18 pounds so far. My goal is to stay under 22 pounds by 30 weeks. 6 weeks to go, and 4 pounds.. we'll see!

stretch marks: nothing new, still lathering on my lotion 2xs a day
 
symptoms: Tailbone pain for sure, slight swelling at the end of the day for my hands and feet. Also, the linea nigra {that dark line down the middle of the tummy} has started to show. I swear I am always on track with symptoms!

wedding rings on or off: Getting tighter every day. I wouldn't be surprised if I can't wear them soon.

belly button in or out: basically flesh with my belly and poking out a little after I eat.
 
maternity clothes: I'm getting really frustrated here. There's plenty of cute maternity clothes out there, but none that I'm willing to spend $40 for a shirt on. Heck, I don't like paying $20 for a shirt I'm only going to wear for the next 3 or 4 months and then again maybe in 5 years. Plus, all of Old Navy's spring line is just super adorable, so that's frustrating that I don't fit into any of it and their maternity section is nothing but plain denim shorts and t-shirts.
  
sleep: Fine. Getting up maybe once a night a couple times a week to pee.
 
missing: Wearing cute clothes.. see rant above.
 
cravings/aversions: Back on my Coke Icee kick. Haven't had one, but dang that sounds good!
 
cries: Don't think so.
 
ethan is: trying to get healthier before the baby comes, so he's been hitting the gym 4-5 times a week and eating healthier, which in turn helps me to eat healthier. We've even taken a couple of walks after dinner.
 
best moments: Selling the bed in the guest room to make room for a crib and then Ethan referring to that rooms as "Charlotte's" later that day instead of the "second bedroom."

not so best moments: Being told I had to go to a 2-day training at the Navy Hospital. Hindsight, it was awesome and I really enjoyed the time away from the office and a new atmosphere!

looking forward to: Our ultrasound and appointment this Friday! {4/3} Please say a prayer that we can see everything we need to see on Charlotte! This includes her face and her heart. This is a follow-up ultrasound since she was so stubborn during our anatomy scan!

in case you missed it: Our Announcement :: How We Found Out :: Weeks 4-11 :: Week 12 :: Week 13 :: Week 14 :: Week 15 :: Week 16 :: Week 17 :: Week 18 :: Gender Reveal :: Week 19 :: Week 20 :: Week 21 :: Week 22
 
Image Map

7 comments:

  1. Seriously, I'm pretty sure you were JUST 17 weeks! Looking good girl! LOFT has some decent maternity clothes and they occasionally have really good sales! I think I'm going to do a post on this soon because maternity clothes are totally weird! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you! I really can't believe how fast time is passing either! You look great tho & I can't wait to hear how the ultrasound goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!!! Good luck at the ultrasound :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Baby Girl's name! I way toying with baby names last year out of boredom (is that weird) and Charlotte Reese was one of them. Not sure on the Reese yet but Charlotte is a definitely so we can call her Charlie. Do y'all plan to call her any nickname?

    Best wishes!
    Calee
    becomingoconnell.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww I love that he referred to it as Charlotte's room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 18 pounds is great! i'm so afraid i'll gain a ton one day, but you look amazing. good luck on friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, I've finally seen the entire name. Its cute - you planning on calling her Charli or anything?

    ReplyDelete