Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Humpday Bumpday // Week 24

{24w6d on Easter}

how far along: 24 weeks and officially 6 months in Ethan's eyes!
 
size of the baby: She's as big as a cantaloupe! Measuring about 10.5-11.8 and weighing in at 12.7-20.8 ounces! Her official measurements from the doctor are that she's measuring one day behind what I am on the calendar and she was 1 pound, 9 ounces at our appointment on April 3rd!

{From The Bump App}
 
baby is: Her see-through skin is gradually becoming more opaque and has a new pink glow to it thanks to the small capillaries that have recently formed!

{From Ovia Pregnancy App}
 
movement: Charlotte has become quite the wild woman when she wants to be and is extremely stubborn when she wants to be. I sit in amazement and watch my stomach quiver and shake for what feels like forever, but the second I tell Ethan to watch she's as still as can be. She is her mother's daughter.
 
gender: Charlotte Reese - Our Little Girl

{Charlotte @ 24 weeks, 4 days}
 
 
total weight gain: I think I've totally hit the 20 pound mark and feeling it. Woof! Went on 3 walks last week, not counting the insane amount of walking I did when we registered on Saturday! Also ordered a Prenatal Pilates DVD, so I can't wait to try that out!

stretch marks: Again, nothing new in the stretch mark area, but my stomach is so itchy by the afternoon when my lotion has soaked all the way in!
 
symptoms: I've got that linea nigra now for sure. Tailbone pain and congestion are my two biggest complaints.

wedding rings on or off: Still just off at night.

belly button in or out: Hanging on. After I eat it's flat, but it still curves in a little.
 
maternity clothes: Got a really cute dress for Easter that I plan on repeat wearing for a friend's wedding and my baby shower!
  
sleep: Not bad.
 
missing: Being able to breathe. I feel like I'm constantly trying to suck in all the air I can through my poor stuffed up nose!
 
cravings/aversions: Nothing out of the blue. Still wanting Firehouse all day err day and I wouldn't hate a Coke icee right about now either.
 
cries: It's {almost} happened.. Ethan is dangerously close to having me cry at him for some dumb reason. I was running 15 minutes late to my doctor's appointment on Friday, thanks to lovely Spring Break traffic and almost lost it. Again I almost lost it when I was trying to figure out which stroller/car seat combo to register for. Holy cow, stressful!
 
ethan is: helping keep me motivated and healthy with walks. If it weren't for him prompting me, I bet I wouldn't do them!
 
best moments: Seeing our sweet girl during her ultrasound! She's definitely going to be a thumb sucker because she would NOT keep her hands out her mouth the entire time! She's also head down still and basically is hiding her head behind my right hip. Little Miss Attitude also kicked {elbowed?!} the ultrasound wand a couple times.

not so best moments: Registering and birth class. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed both, but both left me feeling a little stressed out. Registering was just long and very overwhelming. Who knew a kid needed so much stuff?! And birth class.. whoa buddy! It was super imformative, but now I'm almost scared sh*tless about the whole birthing process. So many things to consider!

{Had fun registering at first, then got tired and overwhelmed real fast!}


looking forward to: Getting started on this nursery.. gah. I know I've been talking about it for like weeks now, but we are totally running out of time and we are totally going to get started next week!

in case you missed it: Our Announcement :: How We Found Out :: Weeks 4-11 :: Week 12 :: Week 13 :: Week 14 :: Week 15 :: Week 16 :: Week 17 :: Week 18 :: Gender Reveal :: Week 19 :: Week 20 :: Week 21 :: Week 22 :: Week 23
Image Map

6 comments:

  1. Aww, look at that sweet little profile! So neat that you can already see little glimpses of her personality! Love her name!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww you are just so cute!! we aren't ready for a baby just yet, but we had thrown around the idea of Charlotte as well. i think it's the most beautiful name. plus we live in Charlotte - haha! love that your cantaloupe is growing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Nancy does the same thing too. HA! The moment I tell someone to look...she stops. I feel ya, mama! Silly little girls! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm either going to not stop crying while I'm pregnant or turn into a cold hearted bitch because the littlest things already get me emotional. I hope you get your hands on a Coke icee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning dress! I found your blog through Pamper & Pearls. I host a link up every Wednesday (now live!) stop by if you get a chance :)

    http://www.sydneyfashionhunter.com/

    ReplyDelete