Monday, April 27, 2015

Life This Past Week // New Baby & Beach Days

Where to even begin with this "weekend" update.. it's more like a life lately post!
 
To start it off, I'm an Aunt {again}!! My brother and his wife welcomed their first child, Walker James this past Wednesday, April 22! I'm over the moon that he's here and he's just the cutest little thing I've ever seen! I can't wait for Charlotte to be here to she and her big cousin can be bffs! Walker makes niece or nephew #10 for me and Ethan! I'm also thrilled we get to visit with them tomorrow night! I'm sure another 100 pictures will be taken!
 

 
Thursday {after a totally normal day at work} we made plans to visit with our friends Taylor and Colin who had been out of the country for the past 2ish weeks! I'm 99.9% sure we're not letting them leave the country again {especially without us!} because our weekends are boring without them! Haha! Just kidding {kinda..} we did get some great family time in while they were out!
 
{Waffle House craving by morning, Waffle House dinner by night! Win!}

{All the goodies Taylor brought me and Charlotte back from England}
 
Friday was my off day, but I headed into work to catch up on a couple hours I'll be missing this week for a doctor's appointment! After I got off I met up with my Grandma for lunch, a little shopping, and a pedicure! That massage chair on my lower back = heaven! Oh, and OPI Strawberry Margarita is the perfect shade of pink! ;)
 
Saturday Ethan and Colin went shooting, so I hung around Taylor's house until she got off work. I took a little nap with her pups, who were insistent on having a killer house party. Such wild ladies!

{Our nap party!}
 
We grabbed lunch once she got off and headed to the Navy Shopping Mall to {hopefully} score my stroller/car seat combo for $100 cheaper than at Babies R Us. Spoiler alert: although advertised, they did not have my combo, could not order my combo, and could not help us any further. Talk about frustrated to the max! On the plus side, I did find two of the cutest Wubanubs for Charlotte. They may not help her safety one day, but hopefully they'll comfort her!

 
Saturday night Ethan and I grabbed dinner at Founaris Bros. I, of course, needed their vegetarian pizza. It's bomb dot com and if I didn't have a little 2 pound baby cramping my stomach, could have totally finished the entire thing! Top it with their house dressing and it's literally the best thing you'll ever have!

 
Sunday we stayed home and enjoyed the nice weather {after weeks of rain..} with some friends! We started out with a brunch at our house around 11, made our way down to the beach around 12:30 and stayed plopped in our chairs until 4! Perfect beach day! Of course I didn't snap a picture when it was absolutely gorgeous out, but the sunburn on my thighs prove that the sun was shining! :)

 
This next part has nothing to do with my weekend, but everything to do with opinions! Moms and New Moms, did you do the "mom chop" when you had your baby?! I've got long hair that all I do is straighten it for work and throw it up in a messy bun at home.
 
Do you regret cutting your long hair after doing it or do you wish you had?! Let me know!

 
{Here's what I'm thinking.. the one on the right is a little too extreme in the front, but I like the back.}

 
Image Map

9 comments:

  1. I've used that same picture (the blonde one) for hair inspiration before. I absolutely loved my hair like that!! I'm actually trying to decide if I want to go back to something like that or if I want to let me hair grow before baby gets here. Decisions, decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I'm not a mom, I do know many friends who have done the chop and they absolutely love it once its gone. Their husbands....not so much!

    I also saw that pic on IG this weekend and almost did a double take, thinking you had your baby but then again you didn't have a boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new nephew is precious!! I'm not a mom so can't speak to the "mom chop", but I love those styles, I think they would look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a mom but my thought on hair is: it grows back. I think that style would be super cute on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the short blonde hair look! Your nephew is precious, and that will be so much fun to have cousins so close in age!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Walker is the sweetest thing I have ever seen! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those haircuts, especially the one on the left! DO IT! It's always so fun and refreshing to get a dramatic hair cut like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww I didn't know you are expecting! Congrats hun!! Man I need to catch up.

    Looks like a great weekend! Pizza looks delish. Congrats on being an auntie again!

    Thanks for linkin' up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the one on the left. I wanted to do that but a tad longer. My hairstylist told me no for now because she was afraid I was doing it because I needed change after having a baby. I have an appointment in two weeks and my twin girls will be 5 months next week. I think I still want the cut and feel that I wouldn't regret it now. I would have probably right after I had the girls (but only because I am so attached to my long hair). I say do it. I love the cut and think it would look awesome.

    ReplyDelete