Monday, April 20, 2015

Weekending // House Plans & Baby Updates

So I mentioned Friday that there were five things I was really looking forward to this weekend. I got 3/5 complete. Not too shabby. We even got a bonus of getting a little bit of Vitamin D in on Sunday! {Thank you, Lord, for some sunshine!}
 
Friday we had our design meeting for our new house! It was fun and stressful all at the same time! We met Donna at the studio at 2 and finished around 5 with all our selections. By the time we were finished, me and Ethan were both super mentally drained! Who knew picking out flooring and wall colors could make you want to take a 10-hour nap?!
 


{Shingles, Brick & Hardie Boards selections}

{Brick, Hardie Board, Shutters & Garage Door}
 
{The "red line" plans}

{Cabinet shape & color with our flooring selection}
 
After the meeting we grabbed an early dinner at Moe's and headed home to call it a day! We both took really good naps and the rest of the evening was spent just lounging around! Ethan did get one daddy duty done ~ Charlotte has a place to sleep in our house now!
 
 
I swear I've walked in her room just to look at her crib at least 100 times since putting it together Friday night!
 
Saturday Ethan took his nephew to his baseball game, so I got out and about to run some errands. I really wanted to check out Dirt Cheap for some maternity clothes and was able to get one dress for $3! I also got a big box of 50 thank you cards, that I know will come in handy as soon as showers start happening!
 
Saturday night we hung out at my parent's house with all my siblings. We ordered pizza, made a cake and just enjoyed each other's company!
 
 
{26w5d & 36w5d ~ Probably our last bump picture together!}

{Cousin Love}
 
Sunday was a lazy, rainy day for us. Ethan and I skipped church and opted for sleeping in way past 10. We did get up and grab some lunch later on, and even managed to get our grocery shopping done before our normal 9 p.m. We had dinner with my Grandparents, watched GoT, and called it a night!
 
I've got a short week coming up, so that's super exciting {for me!} but really nothing on the forecast! Speaking of forecasts.. I really hope we get some sunshine soon. It's been rainy for the past 2 weeks and I could really use a tan on this big white belly of mine! Ha! 
 
Image Map

12 comments:

  1. I love that you guys are building your ream home - can't wait to see it all come together! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. those white floors are my dream!!! love those... we didn't have that option and went dark but i love gray/white floors... have so much building! we absolutely loved the process!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine the work and time to build a new house! Especially while being pregnant! And you are just too adorable, girlie! Carylee | more pieces of me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cant wait to see the house when it is all done! I love your choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. New house, new baby...so exciting! I can't wait to see how it turns out.

    Sabrina
    www.babymoonadvice.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Picking out the house finishes looks like so much fun! Decisions are hard though, I would be exhausted, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Decisions decisions! They looked like fun ones, at least :) And you look great, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray for house plans, lady! You look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Planning and designing for a house can really be stressful, yet very exciting all at the same time. It also requires investments in time, money and creativity. You may have a lot of ideas going on for you, but the best choice is still based on your taste and personality. Anyway, I’m glad that you are happy with your selections, Katie! Thanks for sharing that! All the best to you and your growing family!

    Melba Collins @ Vermeulens

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey there! Its really a nice stuff you have shared here. It's really recommendable. I just got some useful stuff while I was searching for my new home plans. I want to share those stuff. See here : Florida home plans

    ReplyDelete
  11. Choosing flooring is a nightmare. I spent weeks debating with my wife about whether we wanted a darker stain or a lighter one in our kitchen. Sometimes it's impossible to tell what you'll like until it's already installed. Thankfully, we both ended up happy with the darker stain. The entire remodeling process is very draining. Make sure you get lots of sleep!

    Jefferson @ T.J. Lamb Real Estate

    ReplyDelete