Sunday, May 10, 2015

A Mother's Day Letter to Charlotte from Last Year

Last year on Mother's Day was a hard day for me and I wrote a letter to my future child to release some of the emotion. This letter was written to my future child on May 12, 2014. If you would have told me that on May 12, 2015, I'd be a mere 10 weeks away from meeting my own child, I wouldn't have believed you. But here I am, 30 weeks pregnant with my own little girl. I thank God every day for her and can't wait to hold her in my arms.
 
To all the mothers and one-day mothers out there, Happy Mother's Day!
 
- - - - - - - - -
 
Dear {future} Baby M.,

Yesterday was Mother's Day. I love Mother's Day and I think it's a wonderful reminder for all of us to take the time to celebrate mothers.

I just wish I had you to celebrate with. For someone who wants to be a mother so badly, holidays like these are just a reminder of what you don't have. Now, I know I'm not even currently trying to have a baby, so for those mothers out there that are struggling with infertility and lose, my heart breaks more for them on a day like yesterday. I also pray to God that He bless me with an easy/fast pregnancy and healthy delivery and baby.

I thought about you a lot yesterday. Whether next year I'd actually be holding my own little one on Mother's Day or maybe carrying you in my womb. My heart leaps for joy at the thought, but that nagging feeling reminds me we're not there yet.

So, Charlie or {boy name removed}, if you ever read this, know that your Momma prayed for you before you were born. That she daydreams of the day she'll finally hold you and see your beautiful face. That I think of middle names and look at baby clothes, even though you aren't on the horizon yet. That I've wanted so badly to feel those little kicks from inside my belly. To know that I've gotten up to go to the bathroom for the 9th time in a night because you're so big and healthy that you're sitting right on top of my bladder. I want these things and I can't wait to experience them. I've prayed for you and even now love you, even though we've never met.

You'll make me a mother, baby, and that's the one thing I've always wanted to be.

Love, your {future} mom
Image Map

7 comments:

  1. Precious! Excited for you and all the changes that are coming your way. It isn't easy but man is it exciting! xo Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable! It brought tears to my eyes...happy mother's day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! Happy Mother's Day dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful Mother's Day letter! I remember when I was pregnant back in 2013 and I didn't realize I was, so while I spent Mother's Day with my mom, she jokingly said it would be so nice to spend it with a granddaughter soon (unknowingly to us, she already was). Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO sweet! I'm so happy your dream is coming true! You are going to be the best momma!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, this was so beautiful! What a perfect Mother's Day tribute! I know exactly how you feel... All I've ever wanted in life is to be a mother. I'm so glad your dream is becoming a reality!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tears! What a precious sentiment to your baby girl. She's lucky to have you as a mama!

    ReplyDelete