Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Humpday Bumpday // Week 28

{28w6d}

how far along: 28 weeks! Hello, 7th month & 3rd trimester!
 
size of the baby: My apps say she's between 13.5-14.8" tall and from 1.5 to 2.5 pounds! Considering she was measured at 1.5 pounds over a month ago, I'm going to say she's closer to the 2.5 pound mark!

{Ovia app}


appointment update: I saw my doctor this week and all is looking good! Char's heart rate was between 130-140 and she kept kicking the monitor. The doctor measured me and I'm measuring about 1-2 weeks behind, so at 28 weeks 4 days, I was measuring about 27. And I'm now going every 2 weeks! OMG is this real life?!
 
baby is: starting to develop more fat, so her wrinkly skin will get smoother!
 
movement: She's still all over the place! Although, her movements are getting more fluid and much stronger! Sometimes the movements tickle and other times they sort of hurt. Especially when it's something sharp and out of the blue! She's caught me off guard a few time!
 
 
total weight gain: Didn't gain any weight this week! Woo-hoo!!

stretch marks: Just the tatas.
 
symptoms: Starting to get some heartburn and my tailbone still hurts. Had a couple of nosebleeds too. Overall starting to "feel" very pregnant. I can't imagine what the next 12 weeks or so will feel like!

wedding rings on or off: On during the day, off at night.

belly button in or out: You can totally see my belly button in some of my tops. The top part is always popped out now.
 
maternity clothes: Got a really pretty dress from Burlington that I plan on wearing to my maternity pictures that are on the 20th!
  
sleep: Much better this week than last.
 
missing: Alcohol. I was never a big drinker before I was pregnant, seriously.. like maybe 1-2 drinks a month, but now that I know I can't have it, it's all I want! An ice cold beer {which I don't like..} with the crawfish I had this week sounded amazing. Mimosas at a bridal shower? Yum!
 
cravings/aversions: Am I craving a fruity drink?! Haha! Nothing crazy in the cravings department these days. Food actually isn't something I think about all day either. It's kind of a "I only eat because I have to" mindset right now.
 
cries: Not bad this week, although I think it's coming. I can feel it.

nursery: Remember last week when I said we were ordering the glider, well my pregnancy brain hit a homerun this week. I ordered the wrong one. So many red flags should have stopped me, like the price being wrong, the name looking wrong, my mom asking me why I didn't question the higher price.. etc. Oh well, it's straightened out now and we even got to use the $60 overage towards our stroller! Pregnancy Brain: 1. Katie: 0. {Update} The right glider was delivered and we got to pick it up on Saturday! I'm loving it!

 
 
ethan is: melting my heart day by day. We purchased our stroller/car seat combo this week and he immediately wanted to put it all together. After he had it together, he put a little newborn onesie in the straps for "size reference" and pushed it around the hallway. If him pushing an empty stroller makes me have infinite heart eyes, what in the world am I going to do when he's actually holding our little girl?!



 
 
best moments: We had our 3D ultrasound on Saturday. Unfortunately I didn't drink enough water and Charlotte was facing backwards towards my tailbone, so we didn't get any good shots. We got a couple glances of her profile, but nothing head on. We did learn that she's still a girl {yay!} and that she's got some hair already {double yay!}! We go back this upcoming Saturday for another try! I've upped my water like crazy and I'm crossing my fingers that Miss Priss decides to look at the camera!

not so best moments: Feeling the insane amount of anxiety that I did on May 1. It hit me that it was MAY and that baby month {hopefully} was only 2 months away! I can't imagine what I'll feel like when June 1st gets here and then July 1st. Oh. My. Gosh.

looking forward to: My 1st Mother's Day, followed by my 1st baby shower! Eeek!

next appointment: May 9th for follow-up 3D ultrasound, May 14th for a routine checkup.

in case you missed it: Our Announcement :: How We Found Out :: Weeks 4-11 :: Week 12 :: Week 13 :: Week 14 :: Week 15 :: Week 16 :: Week 17 :: Week 18 :: Gender Reveal :: Week 19 :: Week 20 :: Week 21 :: Week 22 :: Week 23 :: Week 24 :: Week 25 :: Week 26  :: Week 27
Image Map

5 comments:

  1. What a great husband! And you look great! Loved your gender reveal, had to look back for it. Hope you enjoy your first mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great girl! I know what you mean about not being able to imagine the next 12 (for you - 17 for me) weeks and how much our bellies will change. I look down and I'm like, ok, I'm pretty big. But I still have SEVENTEEN weeks left! eek! We can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that he already put the stroller and carseat together! He's going to be a great daddy! She will be here before you know it!! And you are looking gorgeous and glowing little mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on no weight gain this week. I love the name Charlotte Reese! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy third trimester!!! It's such a wonderful time to be in. Beware - those last few weeks are the longest when all you want to do is snuggle your peanut!

    ReplyDelete