Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Humpday Bumpday // Week 29

{29w6d on my 1st Mother's Day}


how far along: 29 weeks! Eek, the last week of my 20s!
 
size of the baby:
{The Bump app}
 
baby is: getting a little cramped in there since she's growing so fast and her energy is surging because of the white fat deposits she's growing under her skin.

{Ovia app}
 
movement: All the time. Well, except for when we want to do a 3D ultrasound. That's apparently nap time. Her movements aren't so much kicks anymore as they are just wiggles and stretches. Her little knees definitely poke out a lot!
 
 
total weight gain: In preparation for our 3D ultrasound, I upped my water intake to a gallon a day and the water weight has definitely set in! I'm up 3+ pounds from last week and the swollenness of my belly shows! I had four people this past week tell me "you finally look pregnant!"

stretch marks: Possible new marks on my booty?! Say it isn't so!
 
symptoms: heartburn has started, but not too bad. Moving in general I'm much, much slower.

wedding rings on or off: On during the day, off at night.

belly button in or out: Poked out on the top half.
 
maternity clothes: See those white capris in the picture above. I live in those.
  
sleep: I sleep fine once I'm actually asleep, but falling asleep is a different story. Sleeping on my back is a total no-go now. I can't breath from the weight of my belly, so it's only my sides from here on out. Except if I'm on my right side, I have a little girl's feet "dangling" so she's constantly kicking them and squirming.
 
missing: My cute summer clothes.
 
cravings/aversions: Got the bloomin' onion from Outback that I had been craving.
 
cries: literally cried when the Royal Princess' name was announced as Charlotte. Great, now my little uncommon name is about to skyrocket. Also cried when I got my 1st Mother's Day card in the mail from my in-laws. They are seriously the sweetest people in the world and I'm so lucky to have them! Cried watching a dang Huggies commercial. {see below} Cried when I saw Charlotte's face on the 3D ultrasound. And finished out my week by crying over the Mother's Day gift and card that Ethan got me. He's the best.

{My beautiful Mother's Day gift}

{I dare you to watch this and NOT cry.}

nursery: coming along! :) We got the dresser and nightstand painted this week!

{Sneak peek!}
 
ethan is: still the sweetest. He helped pick out the paint color and paint this week. And when I told him I really wanted Taco Bell for dinner, to my surprise he said "well, come on let's get you some Taco Bell." When I questioned him really?! He says "yes, my pregnant wife hasn't asked for anything this entire pregnancy. If you want Taco Bell, you're getting Taco Bell." What a sweetheart!
 
best moments: Oh gosh, so many this week! Getting a sneak peek at Charlotte's face at her 3D ultrasound, passing my glucose test, getting her dresser painted and her bedding in, celebrating my 26th birthday, celebrating my 1st Mother's Day. The list goes on and on!

not so best moments: Woke up super early to be at the lab to take my glucose test, only to find out that I should have fasted. NO ONE told me this and I've had multiple people tell me it was fine to eat because "you're pregnant, you'd pass out if you didn't eat with all that blood drawn!" So I went back the next day {super early again} and the phlebotomist blew my vein. It's been over a week now and there's still a huge ugly bruise!

looking forward to: our 1st baby shower this upcoming Saturday!

next appointment: May 14 - Regular Checkup

in case you missed it: Our Announcement :: How We Found Out :: Weeks 4-11 :: Week 12 :: Week 13 :: Week 14 :: Week 15 :: Week 16 :: Week 17 :: Week 18 :: Gender Reveal :: Week 19 :: Week 20 :: Week 21 :: Week 22 :: Week 23 :: Week 24 :: Week 25 :: Week 26  :: Week 27 :: Week 28
 
Image Map

10 comments:

  1. Looooove the necklace, he did good!!! :) Can't believe you are so close to the 30s!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard so many women are mad about Charlotte, you had it first!

    Your necklace is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am NOT looking forward to that glucose test OR fasting...blech! Looking great, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're looking so great & yay for passing your glucose test! I was so nervous for mine and so happy and relieved that it came back normal! I can't wait to see your nursery all put together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dresser and the necklace! where did he get the necklace from? and that's awful about the glucose test. They made my appointment really early in the morning so I would be okay with fasting, but I failed the first one and had to go back for the three hour test :( Still sounds like a wonderful week.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my things whenever we do have a baby is going to be the cravings. My gut already tells me I'm going to crave stuff I can't stand right now and that's just going to be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I about cried my eyes out at the clinic when we saw our baby girl in 3D too! It's an incredible experience!!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so great girl! Congratulations on passing the glucose test - I go in for thay next week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG a bloomin onion sounds bomb! You look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look gorgeous!

    Lindsey
    Thrift&Shout

    ReplyDelete