Friday, May 8, 2015

My 26th Birthday Week

Happy birthday week to me! I swear the weeks are going by faster and faster the further along I get! I'm waiting for it all to come to a screeching halt, since I've heard waiting that last month of pregnancy is like waiting a lifetime!
 
I got to start my birthday off with a glucose test! Woo-hoo! Honestly it wasn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. The drink isn't like a flat orange soda, but more like extremely sweet Tang. Anyone remember Tang? Do they still make that junk? Best news of the day was that I passed! Yay me!
 
 
My other not-so-great news was that Princess Kate and Prince William decided to name their new baby girl Princess Charlotte. It really irritated me because now I feel like the popularity of the name will skyrocket. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. I'm hoping for the latter! I did play around with custom onesies and made this for our Charlotte! Ha!

 
Met my Mom and Grandma for lunch at The Fish House. They have world famous Grits a Ya Ya that I had for lunch! It was nice to sneak away from work for a longer lunch than normal! I'm so thankful for these two ladies in my life. I love them so much!

 
That night we had dinner at my parent's house for my birthday! Mom made crawfish etouffee and it was so yummy!


{Me & my parents}

{Me & my grandparents}
 
{Got some nephew snuggles too!}

{Ethan practicing his dad skills}
 
The rest of the week was pretty normal. We bought paint for Charlotte's dresser and got started on that project. Hopefully I'll be able to finish it this weekend! Her bedding also came in, so I'm so excited to see that put together too!
 
{Scored these adorable moccs on sale from Sweet-N-Swag! They're so tiny!}

{Dresser Before}

{Dresser about 1/3 way done!}
 
I had a pretty good week turning 26! Honestly this is the first time ever that I wasn't super obsessed with my birthday! {Hah! How selfish does that sound?!} I guess I've got bigger {or rather a smaller, cuddlier} thing to look forward too! Speaking of looking forward to.. we've got another shot at our 3D ultrasound tomorrow, the Parade of Homes starts, and my 1st Mother's Day on Sunday! Looks like it'll be a good weekend on my end!
 
Happy Friday, everyone! Enjoy your weekend!
 
Image Map

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE the name Charlotte, don't let those royals get to you! Your babe will have the sweetest name! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand your frustration with the name William and Kate chose. I am feeling the same frustration because we have a veryyyyyy similar name picked out if our little one is a girl. Not cool!!! It looks like you had a wonderful week celebrating your birthday! I think 26 is going to be your best year yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday week! The dresser progress looks great, can't wait to see the finished project!! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Looks like you had a great celebration with your family. I see your dilemma with the name Charlotte. :(

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I died with that onesie - the name is beautiful regardless!!! So glad you had a wonderful birthday celebration!! Happy Friday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha that onesie is so cute! LOVE those teeny tiny moccs, so sweet! Looks like a perfect birthday weekend! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on the baby name thing. While it isn't quite as high profile as the royal family, Jenna Bush named her baby Mila 3 months before my daughter (also Mila) was born. We definitely had her name picked out before Jenna's Mila was born. Oh well. Love that onesie though! And I love the name Charlotte! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love her name still! It's beautiful. The dresser is looking great & I'm glad the glucose test wasn't terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday from one girl who had her own birthday week to another. :) Mine was May 6. Hope it was a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the dresser so cute!! Happy Birthday!Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete