Monday, June 22, 2015

An Anniversary, Pool Days & Father's Day

 Another perfect weekend for the books. Since it was my "off Friday" week, I consider Thursday night the start of my weekend! It was Taylor's anniversary and since her husband is away at a military training school, we made plans to take her out for dinner! She chose 5 Sisters, so we got our fried chicken and sweet tea grub on! After dinner we walked around downtown, listened to some Music in the Park, and later got dessert at The Wine Bar.
 
{Old Christ Church, Downtown Pensacola}
 
{Taylor, Me & Charlotte} 
 
{Gorgeous summer night in Pensacola}
 
Friday my mom, sister, brother, sister-in-law & nephew came over to spend the day at the pool with me! It was a gorgeous day and I'm glad we got to all spend some quality time with one another. 
 
{Jinx thinking Walker's nest was his.. we're in trouble with Charlotte's stuff!} 
 
{Walkie giving Nana some smiles!}
 
{Big Momma in her element! ;) }
 
Saturday was basically a repeat of Friday for me! I got up, cleaned up the house a bit, then laid by the pool for a couple hours. Being nearly 9 months pregnant, there's not much I want to do besides lay in the sun! We did end up doing a little bit of running around Saturday evening. We made a stop by Lowes so Ethan could pick out his 1st Father's Day gift. I would have totally surprised him with it, but I don't have the slightest clue about power drills and such! Next year I promised homemade macaroni art from Charlotte and a tie! Haha!
 
{Happy {kinda} 1st Father's Day!}
 
Sunday Ethan and I tried to get a couple nursery project done. We're currently painting the back of Charlotte's bookshelf glittery gold, but ran out of spray paint halfway through. Bummer. We'll finish that this week! We met my family at my parent's house to celebrate the Dads with lunch together. Dakota caught a bunch of Red Snapper the day before, so we had fresh fish, potato salad, pasta salad, cheese grits and baked beans! Oh so good! 
 
{Post lunch naps & baby cuddles} 
 
{What happens on my phone when I nap..} 
 
Late Sunday afternoon we made a stop by our lot to see if any progress was made. Ethan had had an onsite visit with our Project Supervisor on Thursday and we were told that they would mark off the lot to where the house would be placed. What we didn't expect to see was that they had broken ground and basically cut out the shape of the house onto the lot!! Yay for more progress than we could have expected! I'll be sharing more about the house tomorrow!
 
Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and Father's Day! Busy, busy week this week for me - I'm officially 9 months pregnant as of Monday, got two baby showers this week and a doctor's appointment! It'll literally be the weekend again before I know it! :)

10 comments:

  1. Maybe baby this week too? ;) Try to relax and enjoy the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend! You are too cute in your swimsuit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the sneak peak into the house progress on instagram - so happy for you guys!! You look like you are in your element at the pool girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun weekend! I love the picture of Jinx. aw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look GREAT, by the way!

    And, what a fun time waiting for this precious baby to come along!

    I found your site via the Mama Moments Monday. Glad to find you!

    Hope you have a great rest of your day~
    Blessings,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pregnancy really suits you! Sounds like you had a busy but fun weekend.Time is going so fast and your baby will be here before you know it, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just came across your blog via the link up and thought "I recognize that church!!!!" <3 Pensacola!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at Charlotte getting a tan! You look so cute. She will be here so soon!!

    ReplyDelete