Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Anniversary Weekend

 Friday was mine and Ethan's 5 year wedding anniversary and to celebrate we made the drive over to Destin to have dinner at our favorite steakhouse Ruth's Chris. The food was, per usual, amazing! We've only been a handful of times for special occasions, but we've honestly never had anything bad there!
 
 
I got the filet and Ethan got the rib eye and we split the creamed spinach and mashed potatoes as sides. Dessert was on the house and they even brought it out with a candle and a special message! 
 
 
We didn't make plans to stay in Destin {like we did in Mobile last year for our anniversary} and headed home after dinner. We joked because we always said we'd do something "big" like go back to Hawaii {where we got engaged} for our 5 year anniversary - what we didn't' plan on was me being the "big" in our plans! :) 
 
The rest of the weekend was spent running errands and sneaking in a little beach time! We got a few more things for Charlotte off our registry, worked on her nursery, and even bought some things for my hospital bag! {Which I'm in the process of packing and plan to have in my car, along with an installed car seat by this weekend!}!
 
{My sweetheart digging me a "belly hole" so I can get some sun on my very pale back! He's the best!} 
 
{Gorgeous Pensacola Beach} 
 
The best part of the day was finding the best new Pandora station! It's called "Summer Hits of 2000s Radio" and it's seriously my JAM! It brings me back to summer breaks, late nights, singing and car dancing. It's pure perfection! :)
 
 
Monday morning I texted Ethan and told him I wanted to go back in time and relive the weekend with him. Even though we didn't do anything "big" for our anniversary, just the time spent with him was amazing. Our days of just "us" are coming to a close and I'm savoring every last second I can get with my Ethan. But I'm not going to lie.. we better go on a big trip next anniversary! ;) Haha!
 

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like a fabulous Anniversary weekend! And can I just say, I'm super jealous that you live at the beach!! Steven and I are taking a babymoon to Destin next month and I can hardly wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous that you can just 'drive over' to Destin. SO jealous! And we talked of going back to Hawaii for our 5 year anniversary too, but we still have 2 more years to go before we reach that point. :) Happy anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary! Sounds like a wonderful weekend, especially with you being over halfway and getting close to the end. I've always found spending time together is the best over doing anything too crazy, besides there is always next year :)

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an awesome anniversary trip! My cousin and I found that Pandora station while we were on our road trip and it was the best thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary!!!!! Sounds perfect! And you are getting so close!

    ReplyDelete