Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Humpday Bumpday // Week 36

{36w6d}
 
how far along: 36 weeks which means I'm 9 months pregnant!! :)

due date: July 20th

appointment update: Had a great appointment this week! My blood pressure was 110/62 and I'm still only swelling at night if I haven't had enough water for the day. My belly is measuring at 34 weeks, which I was concerned about, but my doctor said as long as you're within two weeks, it's fine. Charlotte's heart rate was in the 130s. I asked my doctor if she could check her position and size and after some poking, squeezing and prodding, Doc says she's head down, but oblique (catty cornered with her head more in my right hip than straight down) and she estimates she's between 4-5 pounds, so a little on the smaller side, but both my mom and aunt had small babies, so I'm ok with that! Now I go every week until she's born and my doctor will check me for progress at 38 weeks!
 
size of the baby:
 
{What to Expect app}
 
So after my appointment this week, I'm guessing the What to Expect app is a little off for me. Still fun to see.
 
baby is: getting closer and closer to being able to breathe on her own! Her skin is getting smooth and soft and her gums are rigid. Her liver and kidneys are in working order and her circulation and immune systems are basically good to go, too!
 
{Ovia Pregnancy app}
 
movement: When my doctor was checking the positioning of Charlotte, it was fun to hear her say "these are legs, these are feet, and here's her head." So right now when I feel things I know what's what! Girlfriend loves to kick me with those little feet in my left ribs!
 
 
total weight gain: Last I checked the scale said 192, which is up 34 lbs so far!

stretch marks: The little squigglies on my left hip are looking darker to me. With at least a month to go, I'm not sure how those guys are going to look soon?!
 
symptoms: Can being a cry baby be a symptom? The cries were real this week.. but we also go our first round of "real" Braxton-Hicks contractions this week! They're very low in my stomach and basically feel like period cramps. They hurt, but nothing terrible. Seriously, they feel just like your period is starting, which is a weird because I feel like I need to run to the bathroom, but really I don't!

wedding rings on or off: More off than on these days.

belly button in or out: Out, just out. Unless Char decides to pull a crazy trick and stretch both sides at once, then I have a little innie for half a second!
 
maternity clothes: Trying my best NOT to buy anything else! We're in the home stretch.. let's make these clothes work!
  
sleep: Getting restless at night. Rolling over to get comfy with the weight of my belly, mixed with hips and hands going numb, plus 1-2 bathroom trips a night.. basically, not good.
 
missing: Sleep! Which.. obviously I'm not going to get much of ANY time soon! ;)
 
cravings/aversions: Haven't really "craved" anything recently. I can say that carbs like French fries and tortilla chips and fried foods make me feel gross, so no more Chick-fil-A for me for awhile.
 
cries: I, Katie, was a crying boohooing mess this past week. The pregnancy hormones hit and they hit hard. Here's just a peek at the events of Sunday - cried putting a stuffed animal in Charlotte's crib that I had bought years ago for my "future child," cried putting her car seat in my car, cried when we received an unexpected refund check.. basically if it has to do with the baby, I cried.

nursery: SOO close to being done! The only thing I'm not happy about is her shelves we got to put books on. Our condo has steel studs, so we can't put them up until we're in our forever home in her "real" nursery. So right now, there will be an empty wall where shelves will hang one day. I just hate looking at that blank wall so much.. but there's nothing I can do about it! Hoping to share her nursery really soon!
 
ethan is: busting his butt trying to put our privacy fence up at our forever home. Seriously, he's lost 8 pounds this week from all the manual labor! {And I'm pretty sure I've found all 8 of those pounds haha!}
 
best moments: Had a baby shower at work, then a great appointment, followed by a Charlotte's Web-themed shower thrown by my friends! Mix in getting ALOT done in the house and nursery and I feel so accomplished this week!

{Work Shower}
 
{Work Shower. Side note: more people and presents showed up after I snapped the picture!}
 
{Work Shower}
 
not so best moments: Not seeing Ethan as much as I'd like. He's been busting his butt on the fence all week that he comes home at 8 and goes straight to bed. Poor guy is so tired, but doing an incredible job on this fence all while working full-time too! Oh, and my little rant about not being able to hang the shelves in Char's room. Boo.

looking forward to: IT BEING DUE DATE MONTH!! AHHH!!

next appointment: July 2nd and every week after until Little Miss is here!

in case you missed it: Our Announcement :: How We Found Out :: Weeks 4-11 :: Week 12 :: Week 13 :: Week 14 :: Week 15 :: Week 16 :: Week 17 :: Week 18 :: Gender Reveal :: Week 19 :: Week 20 :: Week 21 :: Week 22 :: Week 23 :: Week 24 :: Week 25 :: Week 26  :: Week 27 :: Week 28 :: Week 29 :: Charlotte's 3D U/S :: Charlotte's 1st Shower :: Week 30 :: Week 31 :: Maternity Pictures :: Week 32 :: Week 33 :: Week 34 :: Week 35 :: Charlotte's "Charlotte's Web" Shower
 
Image Map

 

19 comments:

  1. omg!!! 20 days?! So crazy! I'm hoping my doctor tells me he's measuring small when I'm at your place! Haha I keep having fears that he already weighs 5 lbs and will weigh 10+ when he is born. Hopefully not! Lucky you with your petite babe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great!! You're in the home stretch now, which is so exciting!!! Can't wait to see the nursery:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are glowing!! She will be here so soon! Ahh! It's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's almost here! You're looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not long to go and Charlotte will be here, I am so excited for you! Pregnancy really suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really enjoyed reading this! You're in the home stretch! Good luck!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just moved to every two week dr apts and that made it feel so real!! You are looking great mama!!! I too have been a crying mess these days and I just can't control it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you have a great appt today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are stunning! Pregnancy suits you very well pretty mama to be! Have a great last month :) xo Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats, you look great! I'm only 7 months now, but ready to be in your shoes. Enjoy your last weeks of pregnancy- soon little Charlotte (love the name!) will be in your arms.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are in the home stretch!! I love that tiny hand print app. Rest up and enjoy these last few weeks - go see a movie, sleep in, go run errands, go on a date or two, meet friends for lunch and really make the most of your time. It'll fly by :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love reading about Bump Dates! Can't wait to see pics of this precious little girl! We are really close too in our due dates… our 2nd is due Saturday (the 4th!!!) We are hoping he comes already, he is measuring super big!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay!! You look amazing! How nice of your coworkers to throw you a shower too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That hand is teeny! I know it's a total cliche but seriously, it's so mini. Sounds like you're going great, even picking up those lost pounds after your husband... so generous of you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So exciting, congrats! I am at 37 weeks myself and super emotional too. I cried about the nursery walls being closer to periwinkle and not being as lavender as I had wanted, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are looking great! We just hit 30 weeks and I know what you mean about being excited to meet the little one! It is flying by; she'll be here before you know it! Best wishes in this home stretch!

    ReplyDelete
  17. you look FANTASTIC!!! the countdown is on for real!! a large cantaloupe :) how sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Way too cute! You are glowing! My daughter is due on 17th this month, also a girl for her (#2) Girls ROCK! Thanks for sharing at Thursday Favorite Things! Hope to see you again this week :)

    ReplyDelete