Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Humpday Bumpday // Week 37

{37w5d}
 
how far along: 37 weeks!

due date: July 20th

appointment update: Well, this is the 1st time this entire pregnancy that I got a "bad" appointment update. I've started to mildly swell in my ankles and feet and they found trace amounts of protein in my urine. My blood pressure was up from last weeks at 135/74, which is on the higher end of normal. I know all of this is to be expected in the last few weeks of pregnancy, but I was really bummed by everything I was told. Charlotte is doing fine and her heart rate was in the 120s/130s. I only gained 1 pound this week, so I'm counting that as my sole victory! I also found out Char is head down, but facing the wrong way "sunny side up or OP" meaning she's facing my abdomen, when she should be facing my spine. I made the mistake of googling "what does it mean if my baby is OP?" and basically found out it means my labor will be harder and longer. Awesome. She's still got time to flip into the correct position. My every day prayer now is that she flips into the correct position before labor starts!
 
size of the baby:
 
{What to Expect app}
 
baby is: practicing all her skills like inhaling, exhaling, sucking, gripping, and blinking! She's also now considered FULL TERM! Yay!
 
{Ovia Pregnancy app}
 
movement: Lots of sharp knees, elbows, and heels, especially to my left side! I know I'm going to miss feeling her soon.
 
 
total weight gain: Scale said 192.8 on Saturday, so basically up 35 pounds.

stretch marks: The squigglies on my left hip are looking darker and bigger. The ones on my chest and bum look the same, if not better.
 
symptoms: Numb hands in the middle of the night, pressure down there, swelling in my feet and ankles, back aches, and irregular contractions.

wedding rings on or off: I could shove them on each day, but where's the fun at that. My wedding rings are officially on maternity leave. I hope to join them soon.

belly button in or out: Out, out, out.
 
maternity clothes: Like there's anything else to wear? Haha!
  
sleep: Miserable. Come on.. just being honest. I toss. I turn. My belly weighs 1,000 pounds. Ok, not really, but the big belly and the rolling are very difficult together. Mix in that most of my contractions I've been getting are at night. I'm up every hour or so.
 
missing: Not hurting. My feet, my back, my hips.. heck even my finger joints ache.
 
cravings/aversions: Nothing to note.
 
cries: Cry Baby Party of 1 over here again. Mention the b-a-b-y word and I'll start crying.

nursery: Literally 99.9% done. There's just a few things to put away and one little project I want to complete before I share the final product of her 1st nursery! (She'll get her real nursery when we move into our forever home later this year!)
 
ethan is: DONE BUILDING HIS FENCE! Charlotte's rock star Daddy knocked out 310 feet of privacy fence all by himself (minus the last day when his friend helped with the last little bit) in exactly one week! Seriously, he amazes me! He "youtubed" how to do it and got to work! It looks fantastic and he saved up over $2,000 by doing it himself!
 
{Check out that fence and our other updates here!}
 
best moments: Sweet girl's coming home outfit came in the mail this week! This may sound dumb, because trust me I know there are wayyy more important things to worry about, but I was so worried she'd come early and her outfit wouldn't be here in time! Well, never fear. I've got the outfit and at this point.. no baby yet! ;)

{Sweetest little outfit from The Pink Rose Boutique on Etsy}

not so best moments: We ate at a Brazilian steakhouse this past weekend with some friends. Really neat atmosphere and dining experience {they bring the strips of cooked meat around and you basically sample everything}. It was all fun and games until about 1 a.m. when I felt like death. Hearth burn, nausea, praying to God that I don't throw up.. 1 Zofran, 4 Tums, crushed ice, and a couple hours later I was able to go back to bed. Never again.

looking forward to: Getting checked for progress for the 1st time {which by the time anyone is reading this will be tomorrow!}!

next appointment: 38 week appointment - July 9

in case you missed it: Our Announcement :: How We Found Out :: Weeks 4-11 :: Week 12 :: Week 13 :: Week 14 :: Week 15 :: Week 16 :: Week 17 :: Week 18 :: Gender Reveal :: Week 19 :: Week 20 :: Week 21 :: Week 22 :: Week 23 :: Week 24 :: Week 25 :: Week 26  :: Week 27 :: Week 28 :: Week 29 :: Charlotte's 3D U/S :: Charlotte's 1st Shower :: Week 30 :: Week 31 :: Maternity Pictures :: Week 32 :: Week 33 :: Week 34 :: Week 35 :: Charlotte's "Charlotte's Web" Shower :: Week 36
 
Image Map

9 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed she flips for you!! Hang in there :)

    ww.flawed-and-broken.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flip Charlotte Flip!!! She'll be here so soon! Praying for you and baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fantastic momma! I hope Charlotte flips for you! I think I know what you mean about contractions at night. Last night my belly really hurt in my sleep and I remember thinking that it had to he contractions and then I went back to sleep ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In all honesty the end is the worst. It feels like it is taking forever and you will be so uncomfortable but then it is over and you forget all about it. I cant wait to see pictures of your sweet baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about your bad experience post steakhouse! Her going home outfit is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great, and I'm crossing my fingers your little one does just what mommy asks and does a flip before labor
    Even begins!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you are miserable! Praying that she will flip so you have an easier delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2 more weeks! You can do this girl! She definitely could flip by then! :) You're looking beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The doctors have ways to turn that baby over from what I've heard, so don't stress about it too much!! You look awesome and she will be here before you know it!!!

    ReplyDelete