Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Humpday Bumpday // Week 38

{38w6d}
 
how far along: 38 weeks

due date: July 20th

appointment update: MUCH better appointment than last week! There's still trace amounts of protein in my urine, but my blood pressure was down from being 134/something to 120s/something. Still a little higher than I normally am, but let's face it, I'm kind of super pregnant at this point. I didn't gain any weight this week and my belly is measuring at 37 weeks. Doc said I had the "perfect round little baby belly." {Excuse me for a second.. toot toot! ;) } Charlotte's heart rate was in the 130s and she was squirming, so we're good there!

For forever my Doc has been telling me at "38 weeks I'll check you." Well this was my 38 week, 3 days appointment, so the MA had me undress and wait for Doc. Doc comes in and says "Oh, I'm so sorry they had you undress. I'm not checking you today." I bet you could have picked my jaw off the floor. I said, "What?! You said you'd check me at 38 weeks." She says "Oh, no I never check at 38, always 39, because even if you have a little progress there's nothing I can do. It's not medically recommended to induce before 39 weeks." So stunned.. I said ok and silently pouted in my head. When she asked me if I had had any bleeding, spotting, or cramping like she does every week I replied, "if I say 'yes,' will you check me?" She laughed at me and I told her no, everything had been perfect. We have a good relationship and that's something I'm so thankful for! But at the end of the appointment she asked if I really wanted to be checked. I told her "HECK YES for my sanity!" So long story short: {as of 7/9/15} I'm 1 cm dilated, but my cervix is still high and long. It's not much, but it's something and I'm really hoping we have more progression by my next appointment on the 16th!
 
size of the baby:
 
{The Bump app}
 
baby is: slowly shedding that white goo on her skin (called vernix caseosa) but we still might see some of it at birth. She's still continuing to add fat and fine-tuning her little brain and nervous system!
 
{Ovia Pregnancy app}
 
movement: Movement is definitely slowing down. Most of my apps say that baby is reaching the sleep cycle that she'll have when she's a newborn. If this is the case, we've got a good sleeper on our hands! {Please, please be true!} Although my doctor says that baby's at 38 weeks should still be very active and I should feel her every 2-3 hours and go into triage if I haven't felt her move in 4-6.
 
 
total weight gain: Still hanging out at 196, up 38 lbs.
{And this would be my "up 38 lbs." face - 4 weeks on left; nearly 39 weeks on right}

stretch marks: Chest, bum, and left hip have some marks. I feel like they'll fade though.
 
symptoms: Can impatience be a symptom? {By the time this is actually published, I'll be nearly 39.5 weeks along, hopefully.. hopefully I have a baby in my arms by then!} I've also got shooting nerve pain in my hips, slight swelling in my feet, some lower back pain, and overall tiredness.

wedding rings on or off: Off, but sporting a very "promise ring" looking ring these days. Haha! It's a ring Ethan got me for Christmas a few years back that I love, but when worn in place of my wedding bands, to me it looks like I got knocked up and we're having a shotgun wedding!

belly button in or out: Out.
 
maternity clothes: Basically wearing the same 8 things I own that still fit..
  
sleep: Not bad, but I've been waking up not feeling rested. Getting up at least twice a night for potty breaks.
 
missing: Not feeling so impatient?! I'm normally a very patient person.. but I guess it's something like this.. you know something big is about to happen, but you don't know when! The suspense must be killing me. Maybe that's why everyone says that time stands still your last month of pregnancy?
 
cravings/aversions: I think my cravings have come full circle.. I'm back on the chocolate milk train. And of course, could totally go for some of the summer drinks that are being advertised right now!
 
cries: Just a few tears over almost losing two of my friend's dogs while housesitting for her. Little furry escape artists..

nursery: It's done! It's done! We'll Version 1.0 is done! I hate that at the condo we can't hang her shelves {metal support studs.. can't drill into them!}, so I feel like there's a lot of empty space on her walls, but Version 2.0 will have everything just the way I want it!
 
 
ethan is: the sweetest. He knew I wasn't having a good day.. Blame it on my being "over" coming to work. Seriously, I've got senioritis bad, anyways, I came home this week to chocolate covered strawberries to cheer me up! He said he would have gotten flowers, but since I was pregnant, would like the strawberries better! Oh, they were so delicious!
 
 
best moments: Finishing her nursery.

not so best moments: Waiting to put her in that nursery.

looking forward to: putting Charlotte in her nursery! Haha! Are we catching a theme here?

next appointment: July 16 for our 39 week check up!

in case you missed it: Our Announcement :: How We Found Out :: Weeks 4-11 :: Week 12 :: Week 13 :: Week 14 :: Week 15 :: Week 16 :: Week 17 :: Week 18 :: Gender Reveal :: Week 19 :: Week 20 :: Week 21 :: Week 22 :: Week 23 :: Week 24 :: Week 25 :: Week 26  :: Week 27 :: Week 28 :: Week 29 :: Charlotte's 3D U/S :: Charlotte's 1st Shower :: Week 30 :: Week 31 :: Maternity Pictures :: Week 32 :: Week 33 :: Week 34 :: Week 35 :: Charlotte's "Charlotte's Web" Shower :: Week 36 :: Week 37
 
Image Map

8 comments:

  1. Come on Charlotte!! Your nursery looks adorable! I can't wait to see pictures of the full room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are almost there! And you look fabulous! Love a bumpdate. Also, kudos on the nursery - it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg senioritis! I have that already too at just 27 weeks!!!!! And I love the side by side of your belly! You look great in both pictures!!! If we don't hear from you for a little while - best of luck with labor and soon you'll have a precious baby girl filling your arms!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your face in the 28 weeks picture haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gooood luck, lady!!!! I can't wait for you to get her in that nursery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're SO close!! I love following you along, because you're about 6 weeks ahead of me, and it's fun to see what's in store:) The nursery is adorable! We're putting the finishing touches on ours, so hopefully that will be done soon, too. Hope you're feeling good and enjoying all the chocolate milk you can handle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You makes me smile so big!!! Rockin it, pretty mama! The final countdown! xx

    ReplyDelete