Monday, July 20, 2015

Weekending // Beach, Palafox Market & Birthdays

 So I was a little off when I said last weekend could have been our last weekend before the baby.. so maybe this weekend was our last weekend? Or maybe I should stop guessing because I'm jinxing myself? I'm a little superstitious when it comes to this sort of stuff!
 
I did enjoy a wonderful weekend full of family, friends, and Ethan time! My cousins from Mississippi were in town for the weekend, so I spent Friday at the beach with them. It was a gorgeous sunny and hot day.. until the bottom fell out of the sky! Luckily I had driven the 100 yards from my house to the beach, so we all pilled up in my car and escaped the thunderstorm pretty easily!
 
 
 
Friday night I had a little date night with my E. I had heard that eggplant parmesan will put you in labor and we've joked forever that if I made it to the weekend before my due date we'd go out specifically for some eggplant parm. It was delicious, but unfortunately did not put me in labor. We also walked around the mall a little bit {another old wives' tale..} It was good spending time just me and him. I'm not sure how I'll take this whole "sharing" him thing. He's kind of my favorite person.
 
{Date Night}
 
Saturday morning me and E hit the town again. We went to the Palafox Market {a little farmer's market that happens every Saturday morning downtown}. We walked around looking at each booth and both got drinks from the East Hill Honey Company. Ethan got the black tea with honey and I go the honey lemonade. Both very good, and both very sweet! Afterwards we drove around the historic North Hill District looking at all the old mansions built in the 1900s, then went to our niece Zoee's birthday party. 
 
{Palafox Market}
 
Sunday was my brother's 22nd birthday so we had a shrimp boil at my parent's house for him. We hung out at my parent's house all day, just relaxing and enjoying each other's company.
 
{Happy Birthday, Dakota!} 
 
Thankfully this is my last week at work before I go out on maternity leave. That's right.. crazy here is 40 weeks pregnant today still working full-time. So pending that I actually make it without a baby all week, I'll get induced sometime early next week and I don't see the point in coming in for a day! Hopefully this week either flies by or we get a baby at some point! :)
 
Hope everyone has a great Monday! You do anything exciting this weekend?!
 

11 comments:

  1. I am a blog reader and I'd say for the past week I've been on baby watch for you!! I open instagram just to see if you've had Charlotte yet!! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should stop saying it's the last weekend before baby! Haha I'm also superstitious and I'm so anxious for you but don't want you to get frustrated with her late arrival. I can't wait to see her though!!! My poor cousin was told she was dilated to 3cm about 2 weeks before her due date and the doctor told her she would go into labor 'any day now' but she ended up walking around for two weeks expecting it to happen! I'm sure she was on edge the whole time and I just dread that happening to anyone. Sweet baby will come SO very soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a jam packed weekend! I could do with being on the beach again right now. I am super excited for you and Ethan right now. I hope Charlotte makes her appearance very soon and this is indeed the last weekend before her arrival. I will be on baby watch over here because I cannot wait to meet her! Good luck, I hope everything goes well regarding your labour and delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard the eggplant parm but I've heard lots of spicy/mexican food plus a little romp under the covers can do it. I've also never been preggo myself but have had plenty of friends who had their littles stay in until the last moment possible, it sounds like that will be you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope she arrives soon! I can't wait to see pictures of her so I can only imagine how ready you are to meet her! My cousin worked right up until she went into labor with her first one. I can't imagine haha. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just discovered your blog on a link up, lovely! Your weekend sounds lovely! I really like your blog!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. How gorgeous is that beach! Happy birthday to your brother!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww what a fun weekend! Here's hoping she comes soon, I know you're way past ready!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Start walking that baby out girl! xo, biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a feeling your little girl will make her debut on Thursday :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cool you got to spend some much time with family! I cannot believe how much you are still doing this close to your due date. Wonder Woman! Thanks for linking up this week.

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogpot.com

    ReplyDelete