Monday, November 16, 2015

Officially Homeowners

So Friday we did this little crazy and unexpected thing and closed on our house!
We're officially HOMEOWNERS!
 
 
It was a complete shock to close so soon, as we had been told our closing date would be closer to the end of the month! Thursday night around 5:30 p.m. I received a call from our contact at the bank and she said she would be Fed-Exing our final draw overnight. This final draw and affidavits were the last thing we were waiting for! We had already known from our builder that if we could provide the final draw by 4 p.m. on Friday, they'd give us our keys! It was a crazy morning waiting for the Fed-Ex guy to arrive, but when he did I basically ran out the door!
 
{Waiting for me to get to the house so we can unlock the door together}

 
 
I met up with Ethan at the builder's offices, we went over some home warranty stuff, handed them over our checks, and they handed us our keys! Ah!! It was such a strange feeling knowing these were the keys to our house!
After that, we headed over to the house to unlock our doors for the first time!
 
 
I've walked into this house probably a hundred times while it was being built. But this was the first time walking in as the owners. It was a good feeling! We looked around for a minute, fed Charlotte in her room on the floor, then said our good-byes to her and my mom so we could get back to the condo to get packing! Embarrassing enough, we weren't packed. Like at all. Well, maybe like 20% packed and that's being generous! Haha! We stayed up till 11 p.m. packing like crazy, then got up at 6 a.m. Saturday morning to finish up. Our friends and family arrived at 8:30ish to start loading the moving truck and by 11 a.m. we were all headed to the house to unload boxes!
 

 
By 12:30 Saturday afternoon, all the boxes were unloaded and our amazing friends and family were off to enjoy the rest of their Saturdays! Of course, that's not where mine and Ethan's Saturday ended! We started in Charlotte's room and made sure all the beds were put up. Then the bigger stuff like arranging the living room furniture and putting the dining room table back together. Once big stuff was out of the way, we started unpacking boxes to clear up some space! Clothes were rehung in closets {oh, closet space. How I've missed you!}, dishes were put in cabinets, the fridge and washer/dryer were delivered, and things started coming together! We've still got some unpacking to do, but being able to sleep in our bedroom for the first time was absolutely amazing.
 
This morning I got to pull out of my garage for the first time. I didn't have to lug my purse, Charlotte's diaper bag, my pumping bag, and Charlotte in her carrier down an elevator and across a parking lot at 5 a.m. to make the 45 minute commute to my mom's house. I was able to sleep in 30 minutes later and still get ready in my own bathroom. Living 10 minutes from my mom is amazing.
 
 Thankful doesn't cover what I'm feeling.
Blessed sounds cliché, but in actuality it's the most accurate.
We're so blessed.
 
I'm in love with my house and I can't wait to make it a home with my little family! I also can't wait to share tons and tons of updates on how life in our new house is! This place will watch Charlotte grow up and I can't wait to make all these memories with her and Ethan!

15 comments:

  1. YAY!!!! I am so beyond excited and happy you're in your house!! It truly is the best feeling ever to walk through that door the first time as owners!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so exciting walking into your first house! Or any, we bought our first house two years ago and it was AMAZING. I still get giddy thinking about it. Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you! I've been following along for a while and I am so happy for your sweet family! I'm slightly jealous, we signed our purchase agreement around the same time as you and we don't close until January. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!! So excited for you all!! There is no feeling like walking into your first home together :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Congratulations to you and your beautiful family! I am so happy for you! Your house is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! I'm so glad you got those pictures of you entering your home for the first time. That's such a wonderful memory!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! it looks beautiful!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! Such an exciting year for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! What an exciting time in your family's life. Your sweet little girl is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know I'm so late and behind on reading blogs but CONGRATULATIONS! I'm happy for you guys and little jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blessed sometimes doesn’t even cover it, does it? When my husband and I were in the middle of the paperwork for our house, our agent called and told us that we were looking at a month’s wait. When she called back and told us a week later that our house was ready, I nearly had a heart attack! It’s so nice working with people who care about you!

    ReplyDelete