Monday, February 29, 2016

Weekending + Some Charlotte Updates

Happy Leap Year Day! Is it just me, or does everyone else feel like this should be a holiday. Ya know, the kind where you don't have to go to work? Especially after staying up wayyy past your bedtime to watch Leo D. get his 1st Oscar?! Give me all the coffees today.
 
This past Friday was my "off" Friday, so me, my mom and Charlotte headed to a boutique warehouse sale across the Alabama state line. I got Char an adorable bubble romper and a precious smocked pink dress for Easter. Mom got Charlotte and Walker coordinating summer outfits. I can't wait to get their pictures done in these outfits! Seriously precious!
 
 
Char also turned 7 months old on Friday! Stay tuned for our 1st official baby update on the blog! ..only 7 months late! ;)
 
 
  She's just growing up too fast! Not going to lie, I've already been planning and buying little things for her birthday! And I'm not even ashamed! Haha! Friday night she conked out around 6 pm, which was great at the time. Me and Ethan watched a couple episodes of Fuller House and the first couple episodes of Mad Men {Kinda slow.. someone please tell me it picks up?!} But it was all fun and games until she decided to wake up Saturday morning at 3:50 full of energy and smiles and ready to start her day! Ha! Joke was on me..
 
{You can follow me on SnapChat @klm61210}
 
Saturday {after some morning naps} was full of cleaning and unpacking around our house. We've been moved in since November, so it's about time we don't see cardboard boxes tucked anywhere and everywhere. I wish I had a before and after picture to show, but that is something I'd be embarrassed about! I also went through Charlotte's clothes again and weeded about anything smaller than 6 months. Ugh, seriously so depressing! Why do babies have to get so big, so fast?! 
{Some adorable shots from Friday to ease the pain of her getting big!}
  


 
More fun Char news.. she crawled her first "crawls".. "steps".. she kind of crawled for the first time! Haha! I have no idea how to word that! She's been rocking on her hands and knees for awhile now and can move her hands, but hasn't figured out that the knees need to move too. Well Saturday we sat her in the middle of our living room rug for a second so we could grab her bottle and she wasn't having it, especially with no toys around. She got into position and took 3 or 4 very quick crawls, knees included! Both me and Ethan were able to see her do that for the 1st time, so that was special to us! I just stood there with my mouth open and kept glancing at my phone thinking "I should be recording this!"
She also stood up in her crib for the 1st time. Hello, dropping the mattress time! And is teething hardcore. Poor thing is all drool and chew. I hope her little tooth pops through soon!

{Waking up from a Sunday nap like..}

Sunday was pretty low key. Church in the morning, followed by a lazy, cuddly day at home. Charlotte was glued to me all day thanks to her swollen gums. Poor baby. I got some accomplished, but really not as much as I would have liked. Hopefully this week I can continue to unpack the boxes that I've strategically placed around the house. Like the picture frames to be hung in the living room and the miscellaneous box of tubber ware in the kitchen!
 
 
Hope everyone has an awesome Leap Day Monday! Here's to hoping the next time Leap Day rolls around it's considered a real holiday and I'm still hanging out at home in my pjs!

7 comments:

  1. She is seriously too cute for words!! So glad you had an extra long weekend with Char! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep- I stayed up too late too!

    LOVE the summer outfit!! It's darling.

    Personally I was never a Mad Men fan. Made it through all of Season one, felt 'meh" about it and moved on to something else instead. But, I think I might be in the minority on that?

    Adding you on snap now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously those boxes stay around forever! We've been in for nearly a year and a half and I still have rooms that aren't 100% finished but we're getting there! I can't believe how big our girls are getting! Cue all the mama tears over here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how cute is she!!! Aww!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 4am is brutal!!! Good thing she is so darn sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable is that 7 month picture!?! Love how you made the number out of flowers!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohmygoodness Char just seems like the happiest little baby! I love the pics! <3
    -- Lisa | Naptime Chai

    ReplyDelete