Monday, March 7, 2016

Weekending || Major Meal Preps + Family Time

Ever look back at a weekend and think "man, we did so much! I took so many pictures!" All to realize, no. No you did not, in fact, take "so many pictures." Oh well.. they'd be boring mundane pictures of my food prep and Mom2Mom sale prep anyways!
 
Friday night we went to dinner with Taylor and Colin. We finally sucked it up and waited forever to eat at the new Longhorns. Worth the wait definitely! Longhorns Steak House is probably my favorite place to get a good steak! Unless you're counting Ruth's Chris. But that's for special occasions only for us!
 
Saturday was a busy one in my books. Met up with a couple of mom friends for a mommy date at Zoe's Kitchen then later went to Ethan's sister's house for dinner with his family. Charlotte officially doesn't look like the baby of the family anymore! ::cue my tears:: The last time all the kiddos were together, it was Christmas and all she could do was be held and maybe hold a toy. Now, she was playing in the toys with her older cousins!
 
{Little Lady having a tea party}
 
{Bella (11 months) + Charlotte (7 months)}
 
 
After dinner we headed home and Taylor and Colin came over to watch the UFC 196 fight with us. And by "watch the UFC fight" I mean me and Taylor ate dessert while inputting my Mom2Mom sale items. After it was all said and done, I have over $500 worth of Charlotte's outgrown clothes to sell!
 
Sunday morning we skipped church. Staying up late for that fight was a bad idea. Oh well.. we opted for snuggles on the couch and later lots of getting ready for the week ahead!

 
I wish I would have taken a picture of the chaos in my kitchen Sunday afternoon. Last week, Ethan and I decided we'd meal prep lunches and dinners for the week ahead. It worked great, except we only gave ourselves to options - grilled chicken with cabbage and grilled chicken with sweet potatoes and by night 3 we were both done. So, in the spirit of variety and wanting to save money and time cooking meals, we cooked three very different healthy meals and portioned them all out for the week ahead!
 
We made:
naked salmon burgers with srirachi mayo and arugula salad
turkey meatloaf with sweet potatoes and broccoli
crockpot southwest chicken with cilantro lime rice
 
I'm excited to see how this goes. Zero mess in the kitchen all week? Yes, please! Oh, and they're all diet friendly! Woohoo! Come on last 10 pounds to be pre-baby weight!
 
Ok, that's it for now. How was everyone else's weekends? You got any meal prepping, diet friendly recipes I need to check out?
 
 
Image Map

5 comments:

  1. She is such a little happy girl!! Love those smiles! I love your meal prep for the week...no mess kitchen sounds amazing! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meal planning/prep continues to be a goal of mine... an unrealized goal that has yet to be accomplished! I love Charlotte's dress, so sweet! <3 -- Lisa | Naptime Chai

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, she is adorable! What a sweet little girl!!! Glad you're coming back to blogging too. We can forge the waters together! ;)

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable are those pictures of the tea party?! too cute!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little lady is TOO cute!! The tea party pictures are the best!

    ReplyDelete