Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Thoughts on Turning 27..



My picture has nothing to do with my post. But it's my new favorite picture of me and Char.

One because her goofy grin is just the best. And two because it's the first time I've felt like I look like "me" in a picture. Pregnancy weight is a pain in the bum to lose.

But back to my real subject. Today is my last day being 26 years old.

Tomorrow. I'm 27.
Twenty. Seven.
Insert shocked emoji face here.

So here's some thoughts on my turning 27.

I don't wanna. Do I have to?
Can I stay 26 forever.
Most people lie about turning 30. I'm going to lie and just stay 26.
26 was the best.
It literally was the best year of my life.
Hardest, most challenging year of my life, but the best hands down. Easy.

At 26,
Ethan and I celebrated 5 years of marriage.
 
We closed on our very 1st house! 

We anxiously awaited ground breaking and building!

I finished out a healthy pregnancy.

Gave birth to the most beautiful girl in the world.

Watched God touch, heal, and perform the most amazing miracles on her.

Brought home our beautiful miracle baby!

Got to watch our forever home being built.

Got to witness more miracles and healing from God on Charlotte with each appointment and test. 

Moved into our forever home.

And every day since I've gotten to come home from my job that I love, kiss my husband hello, 
and snuggle my baby till bedtime.

26 has been a dream. And I don't want it to end.
And I don't think anyone can blame me.
There was so much good. So much love. So much happy.

But 27 will be great too.
Minus feeling old. Like this is the 1st time my birthday has made me feel old.
But 27 will bring an epic cruise with friends.
My baby's 1st birthday. Cue the tears.
More fun days watching Charlotte grow and learn.
And more days making our house into a home.
It'll be ok. 27 won't be that bad. I guess.

26, you were good to me.
You'll always be my favorite age. Image Map

5 comments:

  1. You did have a pretty good 26th year. Cheers to the next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday tomorrow! 27 was rough on me too. Pretty much everything after 25 was actually ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all you look great! Good job working hard to lose that baby weight. Kind of funny because I am 46...and 47 is stressing me and I've never stressed about my age. In my mind I've always stayed 28 because that was "my year" for some reason. Now that my daughter is easing up on 26 it's kind of crazy. Anyway...what I can tell you is every year will have struggles but also joy and the best part is you wil always be smarter at the end. Hope you have a super birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a great year! Many more to come!! You're still young!

    Ashley
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. 27 is going to be great! Charlotte is going to be funner than ever! And now that you have a house that's probably finished with everything you can sit back and relax and enjoy life to the fullest!

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete