Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Friendcation 2016 || Last Sea Days & Coming Home


After all our cruise ports had been visited, it was time to have two days at sea to get us back home. Luckly our ship was bomb.com and alot of activities to keep us busy! Most of the time we relaxed in our claimed spots in the pool, but we did take the time to do the other activiteis on board! First up was zip-lining! It was a short zip-line, but it was over the Boardwalk of our ship so it was 9 decks in the air!

{Sarah zipping!}



Honestly, I was terrified. I'm so scared of heights. It ended up being really fun and a really cool view of the ship, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was freaking out the entire time.
{Remember mid-point to look down!}


 
{Woohoo! I survived!}


{Yay! Taylor!}


We checked out the back of the ship and waved goodbye to the lovely islands!


Unfortunately the rockwall pictures weren't on my camera, so I don't have those, but we did all try our hand at rock wall climbing! Again, being scared of heights, I was terrible, but it's still a lot fun. I really wish I could get into rock climbing since it's such an awesome workout, but I don't see that happening anytime soon!


After zipping and climbing, my friends hit up the Boardwalk Bar and I hit up the Mexican restaurant on the Boardwalk for some homemade guac! Seriuosly watched the guy make it in front of me, scooped it into a giant to-go container and a hot bag of chips. Heavenly.

 

That night was the last formal night on the ship, so the menu had some pretty impressive things to choose from.. but it being a cruise and they not caring how much you order, we all got 3 entrees, countless appetizers and just so. much. food!



If you ever go on a Royal Caribbean cruise, check your Daily Compass (newletter) for when The Quest will be. It's seriously the funnest adults-only, audience-involved show. It's crazy and will make you do crazy things! It's a don't miss thing and we always get such a laugh when we go!

 The last day on the ship was spent by the pool and at the buffet. It's always so bittersweet when vacation comes to an end, but on the bright side, I had a super cute little girl to go home to, so it wasn't that bad for us!
 
{Ship map showing were we'd been}


{Ugh.. packing.} 

Finally, Sunday morning came and they were kicking us off the ship. We could have optioned to stay on board longer by using their luggage delivery, but since we had a flight to catch, we opted to carry our own luggage off the ship. But since we chose that, we had to leave at 8:30 a.m.

And our flight wasn't until nearly 1 p.m.
Waiting that long in a crappy, small airport with nothing to do. Blah! 

But at least we were on our way home to see Bug!





Since we live in Florida, we typically drive to anything in Florida, but Taylor found really cheap plane tickets home! After fees, our tickets ended up being only $80 a person! We flew on Allegiant Airways adn while it was a super small plane with no frills, it got us home. I also learned I have flight anxiety and basicaly prayed we arrive safe the entire time. I've never had that before, so I don't know if it was the little plane or the fact that I had a daughter I needed to get home to that made my anxiety so bad. Next time.. I'm going prepared and will have some sort of medication!


Oh, and spoiler alert! While on our ship.. we booked another cruise! Ee! This time we'll be hitting up the Caribbean on Royal Caribbean's brand-spankin-new ship The Harmony! It's the largest cruise ship in the world and I cannot wait!


This was a trip to definitely remember and I'm so glad we had a great time with our friends! Honestly, I can't wait to do it again! But being home to the sweetest little girl in the world is the best feeling ever! She loved on me and would not let me out of her sight. I'm so thankful I have family that loves her enough to watch her and take excellent care of her while we're gone!

Our Royal Caribbean Cruise to the Caribbean on The Allure of the Seas:

No comments:

Post a Comment