Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Humpday Bumpday // Week 40

So here we are, exactly one year later and it occurred to me I never shared my 40 week bumpdate?! 
So.. in honor of my due-date-iversary, here's a throwback to my life at this time last year!
{Side note: these are my actual thoughts from last year. I updated my post throughout the week, then scheduled it to post later the next week, so this would have posted when I was 41+2.. this one never got scheduled because I had Charlotte at 40+6. Blank spots are where I didn't update. Spots {were noted} were added by memory.}

{40 weeks exactly}

how far along: I officially made it the 40 weeks. Waking up on your due date is a strange feeling.

due date: was July 20th.

appointment update: {from memory - added after Charlotte's birth} My last regular OB appointment was Friday, July 24. My doctor said I was 1 cm and 80% effaced. We scheduled me to be induced Monday, July 27, at 12:00 a.m.
 
size of the baby:
 
baby is:
 
movement: Definitely slowed down enough for me to start doing "kick counts." She still moves a lot, but I guess they're so subtle that I don't notice them unless I'm paying attention. I'm used to my wild woman!
total weight gain: {We most definitely hit around 210. Which is absolutely insane and I pray to God I never get that big again in my life! I will work out better next pregnancy and take better care of my body!}

stretch marks:
symptoms: Achiness, trouble moving, confusion, easily annoyed, swollen feet. Being 40 weeks is a beautiful thing, y'all.

wedding rings on or off: Been off for at least a month now.

belly button in or out: Been out for at least 3 months now.
maternity clothes: Are all that fit.
  
sleep: Rough. My hips and hands fall asleep as I'm sleeping on my side, so I'm forced to roll over to the other side. That "rolling" movement is that similar to a whale thrashing. Sleeping on my back is 110% a no-go.
missing: Just about everything at this point.
cravings/aversions: Wish I could say I was actually craving something, but really I'm not. I want to just pregnant-lady-gorge out on something, but nothing sounds good.

cries: {added after Charlotte's birth} I cried when my doctor left the room after our last appointment. I was so ready to meet Charlotte. I remember just wanting to have a baby now.

nursery: Charlotte's Nursery // Version 1.0

ethan is: {I really wish I had filled this in. I'd love to know what I thought Ethan felt like at this point.}

best moments: {from memory - added after Charlotte's birth} Definitely calling it quits for work. And then after scheduling my induction, actually going into labor on my own and being able to wake Ethan up in the middle of the night to say "I think my water broke."

not so best moments: passing the due date. I know it's just a suggestion, but man.. I had my hopes! Also we did our first stress test of this entire pregnancy at 40 weeks 2 days. Charlotte would not move and it really freaked me out. I didn't know fear until I'm driving to the hospital not able to feel my baby. Turned out that Little Miss just wanted some extra attention and is perfectly fine. I did find out that I'm having irregular contractions every 3-10 minutes! I also called it quits with work. We're officially on maternity leave till mid-October!

looking forward to:

next appointment: I'll just go ahead and assume that the next appointment will be Char's 2 week checkup.

{My stereotypical pregnant lady at 40 weeks purchases}

in case you missed it:
Our Announcement :: How We Found Out :: Weeks 4-11 :: Week 12 :: Week 13 :: Week 14 :: Week 15 :: Week 16 :: Week 17 :: Week 18 :: Gender Reveal :: Week 19 :: Week 20 :: Week 21 :: Week 22 :: Week 23 :: Week 24 :: Week 25 :: Week 26  :: Week 27 :: Week 28 :: Week 29 :: Charlotte's 3D U/S :: Charlotte's 1st Shower :: Week 30 :: Week 31 :: Maternity Pictures :: Week 32 :: Week 33 :: Week 34 :: Week 35 :: Charlotte's "Charlotte's Web" Shower :: Week 36 :: Week 37 :: Week 38 :: Charlotte's Nursery :: Week 39
Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment